Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from list view to threaded view

Options
  • 11-10-2010 5:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭

I used toi be able to do this and now I seem to have forgotten. How does one change the messages view to see the message tree?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

It's no longer an option as it was inconsistent and caused problems. The way the code for it was written meant that on a really big thread, the machine trying to serve it would run out of RAM and that's simply not an option :) Given that very few people ever use Threaded view (we did check) it was simply easier and a better use of developer time to remove the feature.

Sorry about that, it's not likely to reappear I'm afraid.

Dav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Dav wrote: »
    Given that very few people ever use Threaded view (we did check)

Just to give some hard numbers on this, currently 27 users out of a total registered population of 382,202 use threaded or hybrid mode. At it's peak since I started recording numbers, there were 90 people using those features.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

Conor wrote: »
    Just to give some hard numbers on this, currently 27 users out of a total registered population of 382,202 use threaded or hybrid mode. At it's peak since I started recording numbers, there were 90 people using those features.

Trust me to be different! seriously though I found it handy to follow a therad back instead of haviong to click on the prior reference and then click again etc. On long threads you can follow the exchange with a particular poster back.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

is newest post first option gone too? switched it off by accident and can't see the option now :(

Advertisement