Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gift Grub Podcasts?

• 11-10-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭

Have I tunes on pc and laptop but when ive tried to update the Gift podcasts since August they wont update. Is this just me or are today fm not releasing gift podcasts anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

Ian said on the show last week they can no longer podcast them due to 'licensing issues' due to the copyrighted stuff used in them, or something along those lines.

So it looks like you won't be hearing those podcasts anytime in the near future either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Anybody know what the "licensing issues" are with this? Apparantly they had something on about it this morning - new podcasting rules etc...??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

seems that its not just today fm thats affected they seemed to say that it applied to all radio shows worldwide. They used the gift voices to do it which wasnt great really and probably made it harder to understand when keith duffys talking bout pints in gibneys

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

I'm guessing it's the songs and other 'production elements' used in it that now prevents them from podcasting them. So if for instance they had a voice only gift grub sketch, then I'm sure they'd be allowed use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

ste88m wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's the songs and other 'production elements' used in it that now prevents them from podcasting them. So if for instance they had a voice only gift grub sketch, then I'm sure they'd be allowed use it.

That's probably it, Nob Nation on 2FM still updates their podcast, there are two slots on iTunes from today's performance. There's a big copyright problem with podcasts if they involve music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Oddly, none of the international podcasts I listen to seem to have the same 'worldwide' issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I do love how their podcast explaining why they cannot have podcasts on iTunes anymore doesn't work and just 404's.

Whoever it was in TodayFM that made the podcasts in the first place was never really that good with them. At least a couple of times a week I always found one of them was a 404 missing the file extension or something similar.

Bloody annoying licensing issues. Be great if they just put up ones that had no music on it like a lot of other podcasts I have from radio shows etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

They are still available to listen to on the today fm website and their iphone app but you can't own the podcast anymore. The Gift characters explain it here http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ian-Dempsey-Breakfast-Show/GiftGrub.aspx

Advertisement