Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulin Carry Case...

Options
  • 11-10-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

I am looking around for a new carry case for my Apidra Solo Star pens. I want something light and durable that can fit both the pen and needles. For the last few years I have been using a velcro pouch that opens up and I have the pen on one side and the insulin on the other.

Unfortunately after years of abuse from being thrown into boot bags at soccer and in handbags on nights out it is stained and the velcro is fraying!!! :( Would anyone have any recommendation on a close substitute?

Been searching around the internet and can't find anything suitable...if anyone can advise it would be much appreciated! :D

All the Best,

Acapella

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

You might have a look at small makeup bags - far trendier (and cheaper) than what a pharma company could come up with.

or a pencil case?

or ask a handy friend to sew up something?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Aidan, do you produce (or have any input into production) of cases? Everything I've bought has been nearly perfect - but nothing fits my needs exactly. I'd love the chance to design something.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Hi,

We stock cases produced by a company called "Activeaide"
    They will hold two Anapens (Adreniline Injections ). They are thermally lined and neat. I am not sure if they will `suffice for Insulin injectors etc.

We have looked at designing our own cases and containers for the Anatube or Epipen. Unfortunatley it has been too expensive. Everything from the tooling, production and not forgetting the Insurance because they hold medical devices forced us to abondon it and import pre made pouches.

Sorry that the news could not be better

Aidan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

have a look here acapalla

http://www.insulincase.com/Injectable-Pen-Travel-C13.aspx

I have the frio pouches myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Got my daughters carry case off ebay. It was sent from the uk. Very good quality.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Use a Frio pouch myself as well, although I only charge it up to make it actually cooling when I'm going away somewhere for a couple of days. Normal day to day use I don't bother and just let it run dry.

Advertisement