Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coloured Contact Lenses

Options
  • 11-10-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Dressing up as Neytiri from Avatar, i have all for my costume and have spent very little money so far. What im looking for now is cheap yellow coloured contact lenses. not prescription ones. Found ones on eyesbright.com for 16 euro but will have to pay carriage aswell. Does anyone know where i can buy them for cheaper. very broke dis halloween.

Appreciate all your help.:):D:)

http://www.avatar-movie.org/page/Neytiri

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Wonkagirl

i havent seen them any cheaper, infact i paid a LOT more for my for electirc picnic last yr

the other thing i'll say is, i found them IMPOSSIBLE to get in- if you wear lenses already it'll be fine of course. we tried in our tent for about an hour then aborted mission.

cool idea, tho

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If you are already broken-in to wearing contacts, you should be OK, but if not, then you are in for a real pain. Like putting sand into your eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

idk how it is in ireland but in the states you can get them anywhere they sell eyeglasses for $20 (€14.60) without prescription... always more if you need prescription though.

best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Budgieoc18

Wonkagirl wrote: »
    i havent seen them any cheaper, infact i paid a LOT more for my for electirc picnic last yr

the other thing i'll say is, i found them IMPOSSIBLE to get in- if you wear lenses already it'll be fine of course. we tried in our tent for about an hour then aborted mission.

cool idea, tho

I wear contact lenses just on nights out so the wont be a problem thank good,

thanks for ye'r comments. have done more looking and compared to alot of places the website i posted are pretty ressonable. :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Have a look at this thread in the eyeglasses and contact lens forum, I know the thread is really for people stocking up but some links might lead you to coloured contacts

Really great idea for a costume though, put photos up if you pull it off :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Wonkagirl

If you are already broken-in to wearing contacts, you should be OK, but if not, then you are in for a real pain. Like putting sand into your eyes.

totally and utterly! i paid 30 eur for sparkley purple ones for electric picnic that never got worn, it would have been EASIER to fill my eyes with sand i'd say! dont know how lense wearers do it, but i suppose like everything it would get easier with time.

I'm just remembering that i saw pictures on facebook of someone in the exact costume ur planning OP on the 'Bodega Cork' page- you should add them as a friend (it's a commercial page so no issue) and have a look.. it was a pretty awesome effort by the person involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

http://www.coloured-contact-lens.co.uk/

Got mine from the above place last year, had never wore contacts before and they were a killer by the end of the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

i wear contacts every day and those novelty ones in mad colours wrecked my eyes after 3 minutes :( And I really wanna wear a lizard pair that i bought :(

€16 does sound really good value though OP...you should go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I bought a pair from eyesbright last halloween, got myself some white out ones for this year, I couldn't find them cheaper anywhere else.

I had trouble at first trying to get them in and was going to give up but evenutally managed it, once you get them in once you won't have a problem again. Also, i had mine in for about 9 hours and they didn't hurt at all.

If you do get them don't forget to get the cleaning solution and the carry case to hold them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

€16 does sound really good value though OP...you should go with them.

Yep, in my experience you won't get them much cheaper than that. I bought some novelty contacts recently too; not my first pair but the previous ones hurt my eyes something rotten. The girl in the shop said you should practise with them; i.e. start a few days before the party and wear them for a while every day until you get used to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement