Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verbal Communication in Business Courses

Options
  • 11-10-2010 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

I have decided that I would like to do a course to improve my verbal communication at work but I don't know what course would be the best for me.

I find that often, at work, I understand the situation or issue that is unfolding however I am unable to stucture what I am trying to say so that others can understand. Perhaps I don't think it out clearly before I speak. I complete a lot of analysis and when I come up with a suggestion or even just have a thought. I know what I would like to say, but it always sounds muddled when I do splurt it out. This is holding me back in that I'm afraid to open my mouth as I waste the opportunity by talking crap.

Can anyones suggest a course that would be suitable for me? Im in the munster area and am open any type of course available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,357 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I can sympathise with you, though I suspect you are not nearly as bad as you think you are. One possibility would be to join Toastmasters. Its much more interesting and supportive than it perhaps sounds. You will be given the opportunity to do public speaking in a friendly and understanding atmosphere and given feedback on whether you are getting your point across.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 knobblyknees

Thanks, I'm going to look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sugajay

I would definately have to agree with looksee, Toastmasters would be of great benefit to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I was about to suggest Toastmasters as well

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement