Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Rollout

• 11-10-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea on when UPC plan to roll out properly in Dublin 15? I'm getting sick of Vodafone and their slowly deteriorating service. They've been saying late 2010 for the past few years as a target date for the upgrade. I'd imagine this will be DOCSIS 3 ready (I.e. 100Mb :D) as they're laying down new cable, am I right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

they're in large parts of dublin 15 already. can you be more specific?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Castleknock-Carpenterstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

any chance of them going into rural north co dublin
    hahahahahahaha:P
    could really do with them badly,
    even some type of mmds bb connection thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I was reading on neighbours.ie that they have enabled more house's in Lusk and more to come in the next couple of weeks. I'd love to know if they will make it out to Rush as well but its not possible to find the info. Phoned them so many times and get fobbed off maybe next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i am in Ratoath (closed to blanches town/d15) and i checked ntl today they have service in my area :O if the line is fine i think i will get ntl asap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

seraphimvc wrote: »
    i am in Ratoath (closed to blanches town/d15) and i checked ntl today they have service in my area :O if the line is fine i think i will get ntl asap!
    same here buddy i live in ratoath to what package are you gona get and i hope broadband speed is good because my eircom broadband gone a bit slow guess there slowing down people broadband if you go over caps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

been paying digiweb 30e per month for shtty 3mbps so i am gonna go with the 15mbps (32e per month?) from ntl:D will report back when i changed it in next month or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Let us know how you get on, what I would do for that broadband ;-(
    Any one got any info about the NTL roll out schedule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭digiman

Did you ring them to find out? I was trying to check for Steeplechase (Ratoath) on their website and they could not find the address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'm on the ouskirts of navan and have had upc for almost 2 years now. you'd be surprised the places that have it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I thought Johnstown was pretty much the only part of "Navan" that had UPC broadband. And UPC doesn't exist in Louth or the rest of Meath away from the towns near Dublin, except as MMDS... I believe Castlebar is still waiting to be given cable despite the govt. contributing towards the cost of some of the ducting that was laid there years ago.

digiman wrote: »
    Did you ring them to find out? I was trying to check for Steeplechase (Ratoath) on their website and they could not find the address.
    I rang today they said there behind and didn't know if i could get broadband and said if i could they send out sales rep to knock door to door and ask.

I thought Johnstown was pretty much the only part of "Navan" that had UPC broadband.
    i actually don't know for sure, i just assumed that if johnstown had it, other parts of navan would have it too and if navan has it, it must be reasonably prolific elsewhere but maybe not from what you're saying. :(

vibe666 wrote: »
    i actually don't know for sure, i just assumed that if johnstown had it, other parts of navan would have it too and if navan has it, it must be reasonably prolific elsewhere but maybe not from what you're saying. :(
    well there upgrading ashbourne and ratoath so they can upgrade more parts of navan and link it all together that what i heard.

I think I've got it here because I'm on a relatively new estate that was plumbed for chorus tv originally and then upgraded by upc for broadband after the MAN fibre ring went live in navan a couple of years ago.

iirc there's a few of them around the country that were put in as part of some 21st century high speed broadband grant from the EU. there's actually still a sign up for it on the way into navan, altho it's covered in moss now. :)

Advertisement