Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn flowerbed edging and sandbox for dog

Options
  • 11-10-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

We recently got a rescue dog from Dog's trust and so put up a new fence with concrete base panels to stop her digging out. We have shut tunnels 'tom' and 'dick' but suspect that work on 'harry' will soon begin.

garden1.jpg

As you can see the garden was in a wee bit of a state after we fitted the new fence and would view this as a chance to overhaul the look of it. We are looking for a few ideas as to flowerbed/lawn edging. We were hoping for a curved look to the beds.
    We were down in our local B&Q and didn't like the look of the logs used for edging. What ever we put in would have to be mower friendly, as in the mower would have to be able to run over what ever we use (I would presume). Can you use a strimmer against a raised edge?
    As you can read I'm not that experienced when it comes to the garden, but would still like it to look as good as we can.

garden2.jpg

I googled "sandbox for dog" and got a few returns so people do use them, does anyone here have one and if so were they sucessful in stopping the dog digging else where.

garden3.jpg

Thanks in advance

Advertisement