Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between Higher and Ordinary . . .

• 11-10-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Im doing my leaving cert this year and Im kinda half and half with geography.

Until today I was doing Higher, but today was my parent teacher meeting.
    The teacher told my mum that I wont be able for Higher geography.
    Never talked to me about it and never even looked at the papers.

Is there much of a difference between higher and ordinary.
    (Im not great with all of the physical stuff but I can learn most of it)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

As with most subjects ordinary level is markedly easier than higher, but if you really want to do higher keep it on till the mocks. If you get over 55% keep it on. A HC2 is worth more than a OA1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Im doing my leaving cert this year and Im kinda half and half with geography.

Until today I was doing Higher, but today was my parent teacher meeting.
    The teacher told my mum that I wont be able for Higher geography.
    Never talked to me about it and never even looked at the papers.

Is there much of a difference between higher and ordinary.
    (Im not great with all of the physical stuff but I can learn most of it)
    Thanks

Well, how have you been doing in class tests if you've had any? How did you do in your fifth year summer test? Are you doing the homework the teacher sets? Maybe you are passing your tests and doing your homework and maybe you're not. If you're not doing homework it could be that the teacher thinks you're lazy and not going to work hard enough this year to be able for higher level. Have you attempted any exam questions? do you understand them and how to answer them?

Take out last years higher level paper and compare it with the ordinary level paper. Have a look at the difference yourself.

Advertisement