Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 8Mb broadband router?

• 11-10-2010 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a good router i can use with this package?
    what is the router UPC provide with their bigger packages and can it be bought online/in store?
    also,is there any way around the 7.75 euro/month extra charge UPC charge for broadband if you don't have a digital service with them?
    i just have the basic UPC cable service,it's a bit unfair that they penalise these customers but if there's no way around it sure i'm just going to have to pay it..:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

Why not switch to the digital service? It's cheaper than the old analogue service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭ooter

Why not switch to the digital service? It's cheaper than the old analogue service.
    The cheapest digital package is €25.75/month,I assumed that was on top of what you already pay for the analogue service but having just looked at the UPC site there that doesn't seem to be the case.
    I'm paying just under €50 every 2 months at the mo,It's a no brainer to upgrade to digital to the extra few euro.
    Thanks eoghan,must read the t+c's more closely in future..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

Isn't the cheapest package €20.75? Just go to http://www.upc.ie/deals/made_to_measure/ and select Digital Value without any extras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭ooter

Cheers eoghan,never spotted that.
    It's cheaper for digital than it is for basic cable,that's weird..:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

ooter wrote: »
    Cheers eoghan,never spotted that.
    It's cheaper for digital than it is for basic cable,that's weird..:confused:
    Not really they are trying to move everyone to Digital as the 17 analogue channels take up enough space for like 8 digital channels so it saves space and lets them run a bunch of extra features if they can turn it off Also one big advantage to Digital is signal wise you either get full quality or no quality there is no inbetween so the TV quality is better too

• Advertisement
Advertisement