Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile, speaker, train

• 11-10-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭

Why oh why do some people think its acceptable to have a full blown conversation on the train on their mobile while having it on frickin speaker? There is a bint on the rosslare train for the last 10 mins talking to her friend while having them on speaker. I could hear and i was listening to my ipod so i can only imagine what was goibg through everyones heads who werent listening to ipods. Oh and no-one seemed to say anything.

Any chance we can tax numpties?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

If we could tax numpties, we'd be out of the recession in no time!
    That's a new one on me tbh, have heard people having phone conversations that'd put Dom Joly to shame, but never heard a two way one. Yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Go nearby.

Shout into the phone.

Run away.

REVENGE!

Join the conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Used to experience this all the time in Sydney on the trains. Infuriating.

Complete **** roaring down the phone about every sordid detail of their 'crazy' weekend in front of everyone. Thinking people were being highly entertained when really all you want to do is smash the phone off their foreheads.

Feckin sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 bareback mountain

Thinking people were being highly entertained when really all you want to do is smash the phone off their foreheads.

Just wondering.. did this inspire your username?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Smash her face in next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

orourkeda wrote: »
    Smash her face in next time

yup, and blast her with piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Thinking people were being highly entertained when really all you want to do is smash the phone off their foreheads.

What inspired your username????:eek:

Actually don't bother answering that.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

People are ignorant cunts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I see....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The differences in people amaze me sometimes. I hate speaking on phones on public transport as everyone is obviously listening to you. (captive audience and all that) The idea of shouting into a phone and having the other person on speakerphone...........! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 bareback mountain

What inspired your username????:eek:

Actually don't bother answering that.

:pac:

It's not what you think :P

On topic - Ignorant f***s out there. Once sat next to a man on a bus who was describing in detail to a friend about "scoring" the night before. The whole bus could hear him. An older lady eventually turned around and told him he was a disgrace and should get off the phone. He laughed at her and went on to relate the encounter to whoever he was on the phone to. Arsehole. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Tippex wrote: »
    Why oh why do some people think its acceptable to have a full blown conversation on the train on their mobile while having it on frickin speaker? There is a bint on the rosslare train for the last 10 mins talking to her friend while having them on speaker. I could hear and i was listening to my ipod so i can only imagine what was goibg through everyones heads who werent listening to ipods. Oh and no-one seemed to say anything.

Any chance we can tax numpties?

Age group? I've only seen little teenage knack bags doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Tippex wrote: »
    Why oh why do some people think its acceptable to have a full blown conversation on the train on their mobile while having it on frickin speaker?

Because they're bell-ends?

Advertisement