Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Information systems (INFO6025)

Options
  • 11-10-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm in 2nd year accounting and have started doing this module for semester 1. We've been given an essay (worth 30%) about the impact of internet on the banking and financial services industry. TBH i dont know much about this at all and I've tried looking info on search engimes but nothing really matched what I was looking for. ANY links/advice etc. would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

we had a speaker in to us last year talking about the banking so maybe go to AIB and talk to a manager or something. hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Nemanrio wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm in 2nd year accounting and have started doing this module for semester 1. We've been given an essay (worth 30%) about the impact of internet on the banking and financial services industry. TBH i dont know much about this at all and I've tried looking info on search engimes but nothing really matched what I was looking for. ANY links/advice etc. would be appreciated.
    The impact of electronification on the income statement.

http://www.allbusiness.com/finance/370348-1.html

^ also click on "related topics".

Online Banking is your key here. Should really be common sense. Talk about the pros and cons online banking has brought. For example a con would be it's expensive to keep up to date with the constant changing technologies.

I do BIS myself I'll have a look through my old notes late on.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Vinta81 wrote: »
    The impact of electronification on the income statement.

http://www.allbusiness.com/finance/370348-1.html

^ also click on "related topics".

Online Banking is your key here. Should really be common sense. Talk about the pros and cons online banking has brought. For example a con would be it's expensive to keep up to date with the constant changing technologies.

I do BIS myself I'll have a look through my old notes late on.

Cheers for that. Was going to mention internet banking. Besides insurance, credit card firms and banks, is there any other financial services sector that is impacted by the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Snap2010

I'm doing BIS in 1st year and at the moment we're completely fecked for the BIS Module. Guy can't teach :\

Snap2010 wrote: »
    I'm doing BIS in 1st year and at the moment we're completely fecked for the BIS Module. Guy can't teach :\
    Your user name...creative :pac:

Do you have CBM for it? I liked him, mention the iPhoner, his house he's still building? and you'll be sorted! If you want any bits or tips for the module let me know, I did a lot of independent study for it and did well in my exams :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Snap2010

I know, I dunno how I thought of it :D

I do have him and I find him very interesting. I'm taking as much notes as I can in his classes as I'm unsure what it is I'm learning. Yes he has mentioned his home and his iPhone several times. You'd swear the course was sponsored by Apple or something :P

What kind of questions popped up if you please?

I do have him and I find him very interesting. I'm taking as much notes as I can in his classes as I'm unsure what it is I'm learning. Yes he has mentioned his home and his iPhone several times. You'd swear the course was sponsored by Apple or something :P

Oh he's known for it. i whipped out my iPhone one day and you'd swear the man had just been told he won the lotto :pac:

As far as questions, the Porter 5 forces is guaranteed and this questions seems to always pop up:

There are five factors to consider when assessing the growing impact of IT
    in business firms today and over the next few years
    • Internet growth and technology convergence
    • Transformation of the business enterprise
    • Growth of a globally connected economy
    • Growth of knowledge and information-based economies
    • Emergence of the digital firm

For each of the above factors briefly describe and outline the business
    significance of each. .

But to be honest he gives the same paper every year;

http://www.cit.ie/exampapers/PastExams/Accounting%20%26%20Information%20Systems/BBISY_8_Y1/index.html

I have notes on pretty much every one of those exams if you want me to send you them on?

Do the papers now, sounds cliche but I'm telling you he's notorious for using the same paper so just do out answers for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

I did BIS and had CMB for two subjects. From what I remember about him, the last class before study break is usually spent with him giving out the exam questions, or VERY good tips at the very least. He's decent for that.

Advertisement