Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October Meetup Ideas and Dates

Options
  • 11-10-2010 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Have made a Poll for any meetup suggestions for the month of October. Its a bit complicated I know but hopefully it'll work! You are able to tick as many options as you want.
    Also, if a few people tick that they want to go to a comedy gig they could still go even if the majority on the poll decide that the official October meetup is a different day/activity.
    If there are any other suggestions that I haven't put up please let me know and I'll add them

What activity would you like for the next meetup and what dates most suit you? 71 votes

Beers
    0%
    Comedy/Music Gig
    21%
    BlitzkriegerdeRangedpanda100FunsterdeluxcorkcompGERMAN ROCKSwispymancolblimpPrincess Louclairemcg08Outkast_IREbrainyneuronLenaClairefedor.2.ryano77 15 votes
    Photowalk
    7%
    Funsterdeluxcolblimpclairemcg08LenaClairefedor.2. 5 votes
    Dinner
    4%
    colblimpbrainyneuronfedor.2. 3 votes
    Bowling
    5%
    deRangedbrainyneuronLenaClairefedor.2. 4 votes
    Cinema
    7%
    deRangedcorkcompPrincess LouLenaClairefedor.2. 5 votes
    Outing to Fota/elsewhere
    7%
    BlitzkriegercolblimpbrainyneuronLenaClairefedor.2. 5 votes
    Other suggestion
    9%
    deRangedFunsterdeluxGERMAN ROCKScolblimpbrainyneuronLenaClairefedor.2. 7 votes
    Beers + gig on 22nd Oct
    2%
    Funsterdeluxfedor.2. 2 votes
    Zombie Walk on 30th Oct
    8%
    lukincolblimpbrainyneuronLenaClaire[Deleted User]fedor.2. 6 votes
    I am free this weekend (15-17th Oct)
    4%
    Funsterdelux[Deleted User]fedor.2. 3 votes
    I am free Jazz weekend (22nd-25th Oct)
    5%
    panda100wispymanbrainyneuronfedor.2. 4 votes
    I am free Halloween weekend (29th-31st)
    11%
    BlitzkriegeriasscarraGERMAN ROCKSwispymancolblimpclairemcg08brainyneuronfedor.2. 8 votes
    I would like a week night (Mon-Thurs) meetup
    5%
    wispymanLenaClairefedor.2.ryano77 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Orgy??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Shocker,
    Beers is winning.

Oh and a free bump before this sinks into second page obscurity.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

mudokon wrote: »
    Shocker,
    Beers is winning.

Oh and a free bump before this sinks into second page obscurity.

Did YOU vote yet? I cannot see your name up there - but I may be not looking close enough!

Wisp

wispyman wrote: »
    Did YOU vote yet? I cannot see your name up there - but I may be not looking close enough!

Wisp

I never bother voting on the polls, I just wait and see what people want to do and then if I'm interested I'll turn up.

I never bother voting on the polls, I just wait and see what people want to do and then if I'm interested I'll turn up.

I guess that is one way of looking at it ;)

• Advertisement

I guess that is one way of looking at it ;)

And they normally end up with beers being the winner. :)

And they normally end up with beers being the winner. :)

Everyone likes alcohol - its just one of those universal facts of life :D

Plus it means any new faces who are nervous can build up some dutch courage to face the madness...!

Everyone likes alcohol - its just one of those universal facts of life :D

Plus it means any new faces who are nervous can build up some dutch courage to face the madness...!

I know, I remember my first one.

I have nothing against beers I just mentioned it in my first post as I needed to say something to bump the thread. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 clairemcg08

When's the big decision then?!

When's the big decision then?!

Nothing is confirmed yet but judging by the poll and another post I read, it looks like it could be beers on the 22nd. Venue TBD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Comedy/Music Gig
    Bump, beers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

So the beers and gig on the 22nd will probably be the official October Meetup. This doesn't mean that everyone has to go to the gig though. :p Any ideas of a venue?
    For the people who chose the outing to Fota/elsewhere, which date/weekend would suit people the most? Are there any suggestions as to other places we could go or is a trip to Fota and Cobh ok for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'd double check that Fota is open. At this time of year you may not even be able to see the gardens.

Must google how difficult it is to make a zombie costume....

Must google how difficult it is to make a zombie costume....

It can't be that difficult, check out this trailer for the movie Colin. Movie cost £45 to make. I think they used coffee granules and food colouring for the special effects. ;)

My understanding of this is that the meetup is going to be this Friday night.

Ok. So we need to start suggesting venues.

I'll suggest the Bodega @ 8.30pm and let people argue for or against!!

Wisp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I am free Jazz weekend (22nd-25th Oct)
    Sat would be better for me,is it definately going to be on the Friday now??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Cinema
    panda100 wrote: »
    Sat would be better for me,is it definately going to be on the Friday now??

I dont think anything set in stone - all you need are two or more people who agree on date / time and hey presto.. loads of meetups each month usually... if you post a proposed day and venue you should get some responses.. im not around this weekend but if I was id be there :D

For those who are coming to the Easy Star All Stars on Friday, I was thinking meeting up in the Old Oak about 7. I have to meet some non boardsie friends before hand but we were planning being there by 7. Will more than likely be in Costigans before hand if anyone wants to come along. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Zombie Walk on 30th Oct
    For those who are coming to the Easy Star All Stars on Friday, I was thinking meeting up in the Old Oak about 7. I have to meet some non boardsie friends before hand but we were planning being there by 7. Will more than likely be in Costigans before hand if anyone wants to come along. :)

I'm up for that; I missed about six months of boards meetings 'cause I was out of work but I'm back in employment now so I want to get back to a few meet-ups again. Could you pm me your mobile no. 'cause I don't know what you look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I will meet you at Old Oak since I am not sure if I have time to get home from work and back to town before 7 :) So excited for the show!

• Advertisement

lukin wrote: »
    I'm up for that; I missed about six months of boards meetings 'cause I was out of work but I'm back in employment now so I want to get back to a few meet-ups again. Could you pm me your mobile no. 'cause I don't know what you look like?

Hi Lukin, the concert is actually in Cyprus Avenue so you'll need to get a ticket. We are going to the 8pm show.
    jujibee wrote: »
    I will meet you at Old Oak since I am not sure if I have time to get home from work and back to town before 7 :)So excited for the show!

Me too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Zombie Walk on 30th Oct
    Hi Lukin, the concert is actually in Cyprus Avenue so you'll need to get a ticket. We are going to the 8pm show.

Me too. :D

Says 7 pm on ticketmaster?

lukin wrote: »
    Says 7 pm on ticketmaster?

I'll have to check with Cyprus Avenue as their website says 7 now as well but when I got the tickets it said 8.

Edit: checked with Cyprus Avenue. Doors open at 7, support act on about half 7 & ESAS on stage about 8:15. I'll be looking at heading into Cyprus Avenue by 7 to get up the front. :D

So is there a non gig beers group as well? If so we can join up with the others after the gig perhaps?

Wisp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I'll have to check with Cyprus Avenue as their website says 7 now as well but when I got the tickets it said 8.

Edit: checked with Cyprus Avenue. Doors open at 7, support act on about half 7 & ESAS on stage about 8:15. I'll be looking at heading into Cyprus Avenue by 7 to get up the front. :D

Thank god for that, am not finished work until 7, fly home, quick shower dressed and out the door, so will you have your phone handy and jujibee too so I can text when I there, to find you?
    Dont want to be getting in fights trying to squeeze myself up the front if you are down the back:D:D

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Thank god for that, am not finished work until 7, fly home, quick shower dressed and out the door, so will you have your phone handy and jujibee too so I can text when I there, to find you?
    Dont want to be getting in fights trying to squeeze myself up the front if you are down the back:D:D

Yeah, I'll have my phone with me, definitely won't be down the back. Don't want to be stuck behind the wall. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Yeah, I'll have my phone with me, definitely won't be down the back. Don't want to be stuck behind the wall. ;)

Yeah and you also need your dancing room;) Looking forward to it now,:D but afraid I might get drunki too quick going practically straight out of work!

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Yeah and you also need your dancing room;) Looking forward to it now,:D but afraid I might get drunki too quick going practically straight out of work!

When that happens behind the wall is the best place for me. :P I wouldn't worry about getting drunk too quick, the music will keep you from drinking too much. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Cinema
    anyone heading out on Saturday night? id be tempted to go to the post event beers on Friday night but have to be up around 5.30am on Saturday so maybe not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I might possibly make Saturday night! - Coming home this weekend. Friday won't be possible though :(

Advertisement