Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get to Exeter in England from Dublin

Options
  • 11-10-2010 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello,
    I was wonering if anyone whos been to Exeter in Devon, England can tell me the cheapest and quickest way to travel there.
    Could I get a plane to Bristol and then a train down?
    or would it be better to get a plane to London and then get a train from paddington station in London to Exeter in Devon.
    I'm visting the tar barrel festival in Ottery St mary near exeter in November, any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Moving this to Travel and Holidays to improve your chance of getting a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

you can fly direct from dublin with http://www.flybe.com/
    flew with them to southampton a few months ago, very nice service. pity you hadn't posted earlier as they had a sale on which ended last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

you can fly direct from dublin with http://www.flybe.com/
    flew with them to southampton a few months ago, very nice service. pity you hadn't posted earlier as they had a sale on which ended last night.

Wa going to post same! Flying from Exeter to Dublin tomorrow! I missed that sale though... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Hello,
    I was wonering if anyone whos been to Exeter in Devon, England can tell me the cheapest and quickest way to travel there.
    Could I get a plane to Bristol and then a train down?
    or would it be better to get a plane to London and then get a train from paddington station in London to Exeter in Devon.
    I'm visting the tar barrel festival in Ottery St mary near exeter in November, any info would be appreciated.

Fly with Flybe and buy a very thick asbestos hat would be my advice:D

Fly with Flybe and buy a very thick asbestos hat would be my advice:D

Asbestos hat????? :eek:

What?? :eek:

Why??? :eek:

Have that flight in a couple of hours.... I don't have an asbestos hat! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

sudzs wrote: »
    Asbestos hat????? :eek:

What?? :eek:

Why??? :eek:

Have that flight in a couple of hours.... I don't have an asbestos hat! :eek:

Ottery St Mary Tar barrel Festival.

250px-Tarbarrels2005.jpg

I used to work with a guy who was from one of the families that engaged in this. he left the town when he went off to uni, some 20 years earlier, but was still expected to come back each year and give himself third degree burns.

it is proper bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 residenteire

sorry just getting back to this now, thanks everyone, i'm actually gonna get a return from ryanair to bristol and then a train to exeter.
    should be a good festival, eh?

Ottery St Mary Tar barrel Festival.

250px-Tarbarrels2005.jpg

I used to work with a guy who was from one of the families that engaged in this. he left the town when he went off to uni, some 20 years earlier, but was still expected to come back each year and give himself third degree burns.

it is proper bonkers.

LOL! I don't live a million miles from there, might give it a go... as in go and have a look at the lunatics on fire, not actually take part! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 residenteire

sudzs wrote: »
    LOL! I don't live a million miles from there, might give it a go... as in go and have a look at the lunatics on fire, not actually take part! :D

I think the tradition is that only residents in the town can carry the barrels,
    If you're going I'd get there 1 or 2 days early, apparently 10,000 people descend on the town every year for this festival.

Advertisement