Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immermat Timer Problem. Help!

Options
  • 11-10-2010 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have an Immermat Timer (manual not digital) that we have set on a timer to heat our water. In the last day or two it has been acting up a little and we wake up with no hot water!

The timer for the water has stopped (timer for heating is working fine). If I change the time on it ever so slightly it seems to kick it off again but only for a couple of minutes (you can hear the clock on it ticking away).

Is the timer gone? It's just over 3 years old. I know they are cheap enough to replace but just thought I would check on here first to see if anybody can help or has any advice on how to fix?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

the clock is stopped?

prob knackered

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭donal7

The clock on it has stopped. I move the clock forward manually and it starts up again but only for a short period of time.

Is it knackered?

more than likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭handydandy

Most manual timers I have replaced have only been installed a few years.
    Because they have moving parts inside it is only time before they give up.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to get it replaced so. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

donal7 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have an Immermat Timer (manual not digital) that we have set on a timer to heat our water. In the last day or two it has been acting up a little and we wake up with no hot water!

The timer for the water has stopped (timer for heating is working fine). If I change the time on it ever so slightly it seems to kick it off again but only for a couple of minutes (you can hear the clock on it ticking away).

Is the timer gone? It's just over 3 years old. I know they are cheap enough to replace but just thought I would check on here first to see if anybody can help or has any advice on how to fix?

Cheers :)

Same thing happened to me about a year ago. It was only in 2 years and it broke. Replace it. Terrible scam all the same though.

CBYR1983 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me about a year ago. It was only in 2 years and it broke. Replace it. Terrible scam all the same though.

it's not a scam:)-but they are cheap mechanical timers

cost circa 30euro

The timer in the last day or two has decided to start working again :confused:

I have it set and will not touch it and just leave it and replace if it packs in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

donal7 wrote: »
    The timer in the last day or two has decided to start working again :confused:

I have it set and will not touch it and just leave it and replace if it packs in again.

Yes the mechanical clocks are prone to stop and start, the one on my boiler runs sometimes and not at others, some day i might get around to replacing it, i actually want a 2 zone one and put stat/actuator on the cylinder coil. I do everyone elses except my own one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tech74

Yes I've been through two of these on my boiler.... Don't last more than a year or so...very unreliable...DON'T BUY ONE....

Looking for suggestions for a more reliable one I can fit to a Grant Euroflame boiler... Any suggestions ???

• Advertisement
Advertisement