Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topaz milk

Options
  • 11-10-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I see Topaz are selling their own brand milk. 1 thing I noticed was the label states it is 100% Irish and also has the supporting Irish jobs logo but on the farm stamp it states UK origin.....now I know Northern Ireland is the same island but its part of the UK....should they be allowed sell the milk as 100% Irish??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Is there petrol or diesel in it by any chance:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

There are many NI dairies that buy their milk in the republic and then process it.

So, the milk is Irish, but the country of process is UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

antichrist wrote: »
    I see Topaz are selling their own brand milk. 1 thing I noticed was the label states it is 100% Irish and also has the supporting Irish jobs logo but on the farm stamp it states UK origin.....now I know Northern Ireland is the same island but its part of the UK....should they be allowed sell the milk as 100% Irish??

Look closer at the label. Its Topaz own supporting Irish jobs logo but does not imply that the milk is Irish like the National Dairy Council Logo. Technically they are supporting Irish jobs because they distribute it down here from there warehouse in Dublin. Also alot of companies up north play the Irish card alot for extra sales when it suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 greatdepression

Yes the Topaz milk is Irish sourced and then processed and bottled in Newry i think. It is then distributed from Dublin. this is why it carries the UK and not the Irish stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭AngryLips

antichrist wrote: »

Has Ulster finally said yes ...even if it's only to Guaranteed Irish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

IMO if it doesn't have the stamp from the National Dairy Council on it then it aint Irish. I know a lot of the milk suppliers in the North are a bit miffed about Paul O'Connell doing the adverts for a body that only covers the 26 counties whilst playing for a national team that represents the 32 counties but that's another matter.

Advertisement