Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orange glow in the sky ? Meteor ? UFO ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

It could have been one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

Saw something similar to this last night moving over the city, from Portabello at about 9pm. Thought it was a light from a plane at first but it had an incandescent quality to it that made me think 'that's strange'. Seemed to be bobing slightly as it moved eastwards, then it appeared to burn itself out before dissappearing completely.

Anyone else see this?
    I saw exactly the same thing again last saturday at about 5:30 pm. My friend who was with me also agreed that it was very unusual looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I saw exactly the same thing again last saturday at about 5:30 pm. My friend who was with me also agreed that it was very unusual looking.

See post just above, they are sky lanterns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

What was that big green yoke today about 5:30? Going north to south. I thought it was a plane but it was going too fast to be a plane. It had fire comin out the back of it. Looked really cool.

I figured it was a meteor, coz i've seen some before breaking up in the atmosphere, although this one seemed really really low compared to them, and it wasnt going as fast. It was a lot bigger too, hence why I perceived it as lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The_B_Man wrote: »
    What was that big green yoke today about 5:30? Going north to south. I thought it was a plane but it was going too fast to be a plane. It had fire comin out the back of it. Looked really cool.

I figured it was a meteor, coz i've seen some before breaking up in the atmosphere, although this one seemed really really low compared to them, and it wasnt going as fast. It was a lot bigger too, hence why I perceived it as lower.

Spotted that too, definitely something burning up as you could see pieces breaking off it and it got dimmer as it went along.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

About a hour ago a friend on Facebook said they saw one, must've been the same one here in Donegal. Would've loved to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

My father reported something similar at around that time, west coast and orange than green. Irish economy crashing and burning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

2qk4u wrote: »
    From talking to people afterwards the general opinion is that it was some type of aircraft. Didnt move like a plane and made no noise like a helicopter would and was too fast to be a hot air balloon and it was able to hover too..

My bro called me just after 6PM to say he was looking at some large fast moving object travelling through the sky, it had a fire/smoke trail and was moving at some speed and the direction was parallel to the ground, which made him think it wasn't a meteor. He was down around the Portarlington area travelling to Offaly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

This was what my bro saw, see post above...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye, so I wasnt the only one who saw it? Couldnt have been a "lantern" so musta been a meteor. Just never seen one that colour before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Few people around here saw it as well, must have been a meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

frantic190 wrote: »
    See post just above, they are sky lanterns.
    me hole - what, is there a chinese lantern fad gripping the nation or something?

Advertisement