Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cats or Dogs?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Catdog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i am definitely a dog person! :D

it's hard not to be they are so cute and lovable! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If you die a cat will begin to eat you before your body is cold, a dog is likely to try to protect your body.

I will take a dog anyday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Cat. Don't like dogs at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Cats. They're much more intelligent, easier to look after, more independent, you don't have to walk them and finally they're much cheaper to feed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I grew up with dogs as a lad, but prefer cats. Two of them in the house, they are good company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Dogs, definately dogs. Plus I'm allergic to cats so it makes me like them even less when I encounter them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭talla10

Several posts in and all posters have acutally answered the op question in After Hours!!I am shocked and disappointed with you all!

I prefer dogs (that kitty galore is pretty mean pussy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dogs, they are much more loyal. the only good thing for a cat is a pillow case, bricks and the nearest canal/river

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

This poll is seriously flawed, there is no "both" otion.

BOTH !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Deffo Mans best friend the Dog.

Lock the dog and wife in the boot of the car and leave for 2 hours.

On opening the boot who's happier to see you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

talla10 wrote: »
    Several posts in and all posters have acutally answered the op question in After Hours!!I am shocked and disappointed with you all!

<hangs head in shame>

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

dogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Catdog.

One fine day with a woof and a purr
    A baby was born and it caused quite a stir
    No blue buzzard, no three-eyed frog
    Just a feline canine named CatDog

CatDog, CatDog, alone in the world is a little CatDog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Dogs (again)

Cars are miserable little plotting creatures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

peasant wrote: »
    This poll is seriously flawed, there is no "both" otion.

BOTH !

Dogari Catuar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Dog.
    There's no contest - dogs are loyal, friendly and good companions.

I want a dog that can do this:

:pac:

Keno 92 wrote: »

It's OK, everyone.. he's from Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Dog.
    There's no contest - dogs are loyal, friendly and good companions.

I want a dog that can do this:

:pac:

I raise you a Bear fighting cat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Dogs. They're awesome. Let's see cats do this-

I also got attacked by a cat way back when I had a paper round. Cats can go to hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Dogs.

Cats are sneaky, and would easily go to another person if they fed them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

dogs !!!!!!!!! kats are uggly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Dogs have a lot more personality and love your company where as cats wouldn't be. Dogs win hands down. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

..... cats .... They're sneaky and don't show much emotion.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried, see here
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/38469/108424.jpg

The only difference is that cats need much more time and trust before they open up. They also usually don't like strangers.

Dogs on the other hand are attention whores and they usually just "love" everybody instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

One fine day with a woof and a purr
    a baby was born and it cause a little stir
    no blue bug, no three-eyed frog
    just a feline canine little catdog
    catdog catdog
    alone in the world was a little catdog
    out on the road or back in town
    all the little critters put catdog down
    trying to be brothers trying to get along
    trying to walk together, trying to sing this song
    catdog, catdog
    alone in the world was a little catdog

Definitely cats. Anyone that say cats don't have a personality or cats don't care has never owned a cat.

Confab wrote: »
    Cats. They're much more intelligent, easier to look after, more independent, you don't have to walk them and finally they're much cheaper to feed.
    And they don't sh!t everywhere ya gotta walk, got tons of personality, keep mice and rats away and leave ya the odd spider on your pillow:D I like dogs, but I like cats better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It's OK, everyone.. he's from Waterford.

Allright I fixed it ye feckin gee :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Neither. Wolves. Cos I'm hardcore.
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    I raise you a Bear fighting cat

That's one cool moggie. It's one of the things I like about cats. They can have that "can do" attitude. :D

I love this one; http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm114/sqwishytofu/funny-pictures-cat-stalks-eagle.jpg Talk about balls. I love the look on the eagles face. Pure "What the fuc.., sorry son are ya taking the piss? This will not end well" :D

Johro wrote: »
    And they don't sh!t everywhere ya gotta walk, got tons of personality, keep mice and rats away and leave ya the odd spider on your pillow:D I like dogs, but I like cats better.
    Well terriers blow the doors off any cat as a ratter. The spider on the pillow is cute. Well... I dunno people reckon its the cat bringing you a pressie. I reckon he or she is thinking "OK. I've caught this yoke. Now what? I'm sure as hell not eating it. Will you look at the state of the thing. The dog looked at me as if I was mad. Then again he licks his own unmentionables so how was I to know? Then again he did point out, rudely I thought, that I lick my entire body. I know, my human eats mad stuff I'll give it to them. They always think this crap's cute anyway".

Actually a dog and cat raised together can be a good team. A B&B I used to stay with while fishing, had one such a team. Both used to wander the fields hunting together. Good success rate too. The cat had the stalking thing down pat and the dog was clued in enough to hang well back, but if the prey made a break for it the german shepard had the legs for a chase. They were priceless to watch working the hedgerows. The cat moving through the undergrowth, the dog waiting and watching in the open ground for anything that broke cover. Their chosen prey was rabbits. A little bit big for a small enough cat on his own, but together? Game on. They even slept in the same kennel in the shed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Wibbs wrote: »
    "OK. I've caught this yoke. Now what? I'm sure as hell not eating it. Will you look at the state of the thing. The dog looked at me as if I was mad. Then again he licks his own unmentionables so how was I to know? Then again he did point out, rudely I thought, that I lick my entire body. I know, my human eats mad stuff I'll give it to them. They always think this crap's cute anyway".

Its down to their behaviour. They display both mothering and kitten-like behaviour. When they bring a mouse to you, you are their kitten as it were and they are the mother bringing the mouse for you to play with (and eat).

Cats are my favourite. Clean, self reliant, stoic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dogs without question. The fact that sixteen voted for cats make Pighead think that a gang of cats have signed up to use boards.

No other explanation. No human of sound mind would pick a cat over a dog (apart from evil dicatators maybe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Pighead wrote: »
    Dogs without question. The fact that sixteen voted for cats make Pighead think that a gang of cats have signed up to use boards.

No other explanation. No human of sound mind would pick a cat over a dog (apart from evil dicatators maybe)

and criminal mastermind in james bond movies

Actually a dog and cat raised together can be a good team.
    This is true. As anyone who's seen Homeward Bound can attest to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Feckin' people

screw dogs and cats, i can have a relationship with humans :rolleyes:

Another reason why dogs win and cats don't. Cats don't do anything clever, really. They just swan about, licking themselves, looking at you like you're a spare asshole.

Cats judge you, dogs don't.

Actually a dog and cat raised together can be a good team.
    Not true. Unless the cat looks, acts and smells like a dog and even then it's still a longshot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Not true. Unless the cat looks, acts and smells like a dog and even then it's still a longshot.
    Ive got a cat and a dog, they get on like a house on fire. My friend also has a cat and a dog and they also get on fine.

Teutorix wrote: »
    Ive got a cat and a dog, they get on like a house on fire. My friend also has a cat and a dog and they also get on fine.
    Impossible. Either your cats have dressed up as dogs, or your dogs have dressed as cats.

Pighead's guess would be the cats dressed as dogs. They're sneaky like that.

• Advertisement

Impossible. Either your cats have dressed up as dogs, or your dogs have dressed as cats.

Pighead's guess would be the cats dressed as dogs. They're sneaky like that.

I disagree. A cat does not have the acting talent to pull off being a dog. Dogs, on the other hand are master thespians and a shallow role like that of a cat should prove to be no problem to them.

Sh!t. Ya got me.
    Anyway, you're just jealous of cats coz you suck at stalking.

Sanjuro wrote: »
    I disagree. A cat does not have the acting talent to pull off being a dog. Dogs, on the other hand are master thespians and a shallow role like that of a cat should prove to be no problem to them.
    Interesting theory but why would a dog dress up as an animal that is reviled the world over and which has zero redeeming qualities. It would be like Pighead dressing up as Hitler. Yeah, it'd be amusing for a minute or two but eventually you'd get a kick in the face and a spit in the eye.

Nah, it's gotta be the cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

There, I've done it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Nah, it's gotta be the cats.

nah lived with a kitten/cat, lived with many puppies/dogs...woof woofs all the way...

usually people who prefer cats are people dogs do not like anyways....

could be worse you could hate both!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I like both, but dogs are fucking stupid - they just can't fend for themselves.

You go away for two weeks & don't get someone to feed the dog, it'll be dead when you get back, lying beside it's food bowl.

You go away for two weeks & don't get someone to feed the cat, it will have put on weight.

I like both, but dogs are fucking stupid - they just can't fend for themselves.

You go away for two weeks & don't get someone to feed the dog, it'll be dead when you get back, lying beside it's food bowl.

You go away for two weeks & don't get someone to feed the cat, it will have put on weight.

Bloody cat must have eaten the dogs food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Bloody cat must have eaten the dogs food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He'd eat the dog too if he was hungry enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I like cats but definitely prefer dogs. If you had to choose between two personality types with a person to be friends with who would you choose (dog) the friendly, open, all ways up for a laugh one that would fight to the death for you or (cat) the nervous, twitchy, loner that spends most of the day moping around the place. Dogs ftw.

He'd eat the dog too if he was hungry enough.

Would have if she was gone for 3 weeks:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement