Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical conduits with mhvr system

Options
  • 11-10-2010 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Does anybody have any information on making electrical conduits airtight. Is it necessary and is there any danger of damaging the cables with the sealant?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

the instructions on the sealant should tell you

dunno is it neccessary-prob overkill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭handydandy

Is the conduit going through the heat recovery system pipes? You could manipulate a rubber grommet for some sealing if needed. It might not be 100% airtight though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Steel conduit has a welded joint down the middle , If you want to make it completely airtight you would have to use solid drawn like they do in hazardous areas & use hazardous area joints/ stopper boxes as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 gouch

I want to make the 22mm oval plastic conduit airtight. If these conduits from the sockets and light switches remain unfilled, would an air leak be present from the room to the ceiling void/attic and losses occur due to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

is the medium air?
    would you consider pyro?
    why run the cables there in the first place? I'd consider that before wondering if it is common practice.
    would insulated sealing putty or some form of guroflex be an option
    TBH I'd say white silicone would do the job, the tubes sold in wholesalers do not harm standard cables.

I'd imagine that steel conduit would be a heat transfer conduit itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

he's asking about the plastic conduits in a house and air-tightness
    -where mhrv is installed

he's asking in the wrong place but anyhow-it's just a matter of sealing the conduits if required

silicone i'd imagine

Advertisement