Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice IRL 2010 **Week 4**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

but now there's a whole soap opera to explore ...

It's actually like a version of Big Brother but with slightly less retarded tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Did they just give away the winner there on the 'You're Fired' program?
    The guy that went was given a deck of Apprectice cards, they showed the deck and Ciara was the Ace of Spades, with Bill as the King. Seemed to be something mumbled between the presenter and guy that was booted off too/

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kateof

Is it just me? or does anyone think there's overuse of the 'f' word etc :confused:on this year's apprentice. I know! but my kids are copying them and it's driving me NUTS. What does anyone else think?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

I think it depends on how old your kids are!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭2hellr2conaght

They couldn't sell drills to a Chilean miner!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

The guy that went was given a deck of Apprectice cards, they showed the deck and Ciara was the Ace of Spades, with Bill as the King. Seemed to be something mumbled between the presenter and guy that was booted off too/
    No, I think they just showed that card to insinuate "there's your 'friend!'"

kateof wrote: »
    Is it just me? or does anyone think there's overuse of the 'f' word etc :confused:on this year's apprentice. I know! but my kids are copying them and it's driving me NUTS. What does anyone else think?
    Definitely a lot of swearing, my family constantly complaining about it, tbh it should be down to tv3 to at least bleep most of it, bad form really!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Did you see tonight's Boardroom?

It was just a reference to their whole argument.

Cazlou wrote: »
    Definitely a lot of swearing, my family constantly complaining about it, tbh it should be down to tv3 to at least bleep most of it, bad form really!

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ahh, only caught the end of it there, thought it was a bit sus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Well it is on after the watershed. They can say pretty much what they like and it's a parents responsibility as to what their children watch and when they watch it.

Is it just me? or does anyone think there's overuse of the 'f' word etc :confused:on this year's apprentice.

Yep I think it's a disgrace.

Well it is on after the watershed. They can say pretty much what they like and it's a parents responsibility as to what their children watch and when they watch it.

Yeah but forget the kids (who prob should be in bed anyway!!!) I don't like the constant bad language. I don't speak like that in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

It's a f**king disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Are you for real? The show is on after 9pm and they use the word **** occasionally.

FFS i've heard it f*ckin all, should we ban condoms and contraception whilst we're at it.

How bout women being allowed to vote?

For the love of christ talking about living in the dark ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

agreed.

amdublin wrote: »
    Yep I think it's a disgrace.

But they're people in stressful situations. I'd be swearing like a docker if it was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

Bring back clean-speaking Cahal!

"Oopsie daisy ..."

Nothing to do with children watching, I'm 30 years old and I don't think it's appropriate, particularly in front of the customers in the stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Nothing to do with children watching, I'm 30 years old and I don't think it's appropriate, particularly in front of the customers in the stores.

So you've never been in any normal life situation like being in any retail outlet or Taxi and heard someone swearing... Its called real life.

• Advertisement

whycliff wrote: »
    Are you for real? The show is on after 9pm and they use the word **** occasionally.

FFS i've heard it f*ckin all, should we ban condoms and contraception whilst we're at it.

How bout women being allowed to vote?

For the love of christ talking about living in the dark ages.

No need to get aggressive.
    Since when has swearing anything to do with women's rights or contraception????:confused:
    Occassionally?? Umm yeah if you say so...:rolleyes:

I agree 1000%. Never ever swear in front of a customer.

But the initial issue here was the fact that there's swearing (albeit a lot of it) on a show on the tellybox after the watershed. Which is pretty much ok with me.

whycliff wrote: »
    So you've never been in any normal life situation like being in any retail outlet or Taxi and heard someone swearing... Its called real life.
    I never said people should NEVER swear, just think it's a bit much the amount that's used/shown

I agree 1000%. Never ever swear in front of a customer.

But the initial issue here was the fact that there's swearing (albeit a lot of it) on a show on the tellybox after the watershed. Which is pretty much ok with me.
    Exactly! they can swear all they like in the house, waiting room, meeting rooms etc but definitely not appropriate in front of customers etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Kieran obviously MAD about Caroline and she had no interest. Hilarious.

She is the only hot one in it so I suppose you can't blame him. The lad never had a chance with her.

and Anton. Why does he always have to sit on the fench and be pals with everyone. He needs to be some bit entertaining for god sake man. Very poor television when all he does is be friendly with everyone.

Bring back Brendan or someone that isn't out to please everyone and look after his own business interests.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Delighted he went. Total spoofer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

NickDrake wrote: »
    Kieran obviously MAD about Caroline and she had no interest. Hilarious.

She is the only hot one in it so I suppose you can't blame him. The lad never had a chance with her.

and Anton. Why does he always have to sit on the fench and be pals with everyone. He needs to be some bit entertaining for god sake man. Very poor television when all he does is be friendly with everyone.

Bring back Brendan or someone that isn't out to please everyone and look after his own business interests.
    Ya, I feel Brendan would have really went to town on him about the relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

well said whycliff!
    Sure who would be wanting to mention such a non issue on a medium like boards?? Sure ffs its hardly the right site is it??:rolleyes: ;)

Its probably a good thing that children learn there are a lot of people who are detrimentally challenged both on a complete lack of vocabulary and ideas as to how to express themselves better (myself included)? well maybe not, probably be better to let them grow up and pick it up for themselves along the way..

I for one dont give a crap what language people use on this show, going on my own experience its practically second nature to throw in a few too many swear words, and like you say it is after the watershed. Maybe tv3 should have a bit more responsibility and BEEP the words or even advise beforehand the possibility of language that may offend or scenes of a sexual nature??

As for the show, not bad tonight. A bit of integrity returned to the boardroom. The sooner the rest of the snakes are got rid of the better, though it does make for great viewing.
    Your one Ciara?, Barry, the one with the english accent(michelle?) and panos are probably the most impressive so far. Theres one or two that I havent got their name yet that look contenders and are less up themselves than the likes of cashy, shave head and your 'wan. :confused: Lots of fun and games to come I'm sure;):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

amdublin wrote: »
    Ah the Brightwater Waffler again.

Waffle at it's best. What else would you expect from recruitment agents. They are a dying breed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

"A fear of jigsaws" - that shall be my phobia of day tomorrow.

Advertisement