Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice IRL 2010 **Week 4**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Manach wrote: »
    "A fear of jigsaws" - that shall be my phobia of day tomorrow.

playing the reality game. That is all he is there for. To get his face known around Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

The apprentice this year is like high school musical with less music and more popularity contests. Its gas, they are behaving like teenagers. Half this bunch seem to have totally forgotten they are competing against each other.

Kieran had the right idea with the thoughts of bringing Caroline back in, it would have been the brave and clever move as bill is itching to throw a few law related puns her way before showing her the door. To basically write yourself out of the competition to save a friendship/unrequited infatuation is just idiotic, should have gone speed dating instead and saved himself the bother.

Saying all that, I think on the day, the losing teams store looked absolutely dead compared to the other one. I don't know if they would have sold as much, but it seemed pretty unfair from what I could see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

i'd say the deciding factor for who won and lost would have been based on a percentage of total sales from the stores, rather than just what they sold themselves.

otherwise they'd have had to have 2 shops with EXACTLY the same amount of customers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

kateof wrote: »
    Is it just me? or does anyone think there's overuse of the 'f' word etc :confused:on this year's apprentice. I know! but my kids are copying them and it's driving me NUTS. What does anyone else think?

I agree.

I noted this earlier on.

It is not one bit professional.

I'd fire anyone who is using language like this in the workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

whycliff wrote: »
    So you've never been in any normal life situation like being in any retail outlet or Taxi and heard someone swearing... Its called real life.

It's called inappropriate language. Just because taxi drivers do it doesn't make it right or acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

kieranwalsh-fired.jpg

1983-12-01.jpg

Have to laugh at his suicide mission in the hope of a sympathy shag from Caroline.

Jackie's puns last night were cringeworthy, was waiting for her to say "Poker Face" and hen do her Lady GaGa impression.

NickDrake wrote: »
    ............. Caroline and she had no interest. Hilarious.

She is the only hot one in it so I suppose you can't blame him. The lad never had a chance with her.

English Michelle is far far hotter than her.

kieranwalsh-fired.jpg

What's his boards.ie username ??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

gatecrash wrote: »
    i'd say the deciding factor for who won and lost would have been based on a percentage of total sales from the stores, rather than just what they sold themselves.

otherwise they'd have had to have 2 shops with EXACTLY the same amount of customers

It was based on what they sold. I wouldn't agree with you about having to have the same number of customers, if you are in business, you can't just wait for customers to come through the doors, you need to get out and promote the venture. It was a selling task for the teams, and surely they would realise in order to win, they would have to have more customers and asked the question, how do we get more customers, by doing some marketing about the event! Get your worst sellers on the team out on the street to promote the event, and leave your best sellers in store to sell the products!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

RoverJames wrote: »
    What's his boards.ie username ??

Pighead

• Advertisement

Dymo wrote: »
    Pighead

This is him me thinks
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=60031

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stato x

I dont understand the complaints about the "bad language". Just grow up and realise that they are only words and u decide what they mean so its really stupid to be offended by a word.

Example I call u "kurwa" but u dont know what it means until someone tells u but its a big big insult in Polski-land.

Kieran made a fool of himself ,imo, in that he said"My family own the largest tool supplier in Munster" as if that means anything. Clearly a terrible choice to bring Ciara back to the boardroom.
    What a donkey :) (him not her)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RossNolan

I'd say they are both pretty hot in different ways - Caroline is more of a 'girl next door' hot.

Michelle's definitely hot looking, but what she really going for her is that accent... :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

RossNolan wrote: »
    I'd say they are both pretty hot in different ways - Caroline is more of a 'girl next door' hot.

Michelle's definitely hot looking, but what she really going for her is that accent... :D

Enough of your fluffyflaffing, it's Michelle hands down. :D

From the coming next week bit it seems Will and Barry move to Fusion. That'll make it more interesting. As much as I agree with Kieran being a donkey (as was noted above) I agree that he had the weaker team. Ciara was the only natural seller he had.

I was hoping Elevate would lose as their PM is a complete knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

dory wrote: »

I couldnt agree more! Especially after his little stunt with the money last night, every week hes just floating by on other peoples efforts, arrgghh he just annoys me so much! :mad:

Rant over :)

RossNolan wrote: »

Accent, arse and savage t1ts :pac: :pac:
    Stato x wrote: »

Kieran made a fool of himself ,imo, in that he said"My family own the largest tool supplier in Munster" as if that means anything. Clearly a terrible choice to bring Ciara back to the boardroom.
    What a donkey :) (him not her)

http://www.walshengineering.com/shop/

They have a fairly large tool on the homepage anyway :pac:
    dory wrote: »
    Enough of your fluffyflaffing, it's Michelle hands down. :D

+ 1 on Michelle and the I agree with the knob comment too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Website might need to be updated. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Ok I'm nearly certain now that Dave is holding the €20 note behind his back when Barry asks him about it.

No way. English Michele isn't even hot.

NickDrake wrote: »
    No way. English Michele isn't even hot.

the joys of attraction :pac:
    Caroline is a good looking girl but not my thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Am I the only one that thinks that Niamh(little blonde one) is the finest?
    Then Caroline, then Michelle, imo.

Close, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

baz2009 wrote: »

Close, though.

It's ok, I think I'm the only one flying the Barry flag! :o

Close, though.

Yes you are defo alone on that one.

Close, though.

Close indeed, she's a fine bit of stuff too, Michelle get's my vote though, don't think I've shared that view with ye yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RossNolan

Close, though.

I'd reverse the order myself but agree Niamh is not without her charms. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not a looker among them

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

kateof wrote: »
    Is it just me? or does anyone think there's overuse of the 'f' word etc :confused:on this year's apprentice. I know! but my kids are copying them and it's driving me NUTS. What does anyone else think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watershed_(television)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

It was based on what they sold. I wouldn't agree with you about having to have the same number of customers, if you are in business, you can't just wait for customers to come through the doors, you need to get out and promote the venture. It was a selling task for the teams, and surely they would realise in order to win, they would have to have more customers and asked the question, how do we get more customers, by doing some marketing about the event! Get your worst sellers on the team out on the street to promote the event, and leave your best sellers in store to sell the products!

Didn't Bill say that it would be influenced by rather than based on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

WHere would the contestants in Woodies Tallaght have gone to to get more people - where Woodies is located you don't just happen to wander into it there is no footfall past it! I have been in it a few times it is not that busy. All the locals would be up at the Square but I would be surprised if you were allowed to show up at the square handing out flyers. Tallaght village is not that close or that busy. Where was the other Woodies located and how close to the main town?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Luckycharm wrote: »
    WHere would the contestants in Woodies Tallaght have gone to to get more people - where Woodies is located you don't just happen to wander into it there is no footfall past it! I have been in it a few times it is not that busy. All the locals would be up at the Square but I would be surprised if you were allowed to show up at the square handing out flyers. Tallaght village is not that close or that busy. Where was the other Woodies located and how close to the main town?

That's what I was thinking myself, the Woodies in Tallaght is very isolated, it'd take a while to get somewhere with a decent crowd of consumers. Whereas the Woodies in Bray seemed to be in the town as the street was fairly busy where they were handing out flyers.

Advertisement