Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice IRL 2010 **Week 4**

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

They had a similar situation last year (or maybe the year before that?) on the 3mobile task where one team was in a relatively prominent area in the Dundrum Shopping Centre and the other was hidden away on a corner in the least developed part of the Pavillions in Swords. Put simply, there would be no comparison in footfall between the two sites or even the Shopping Centres themselves; and that's before you even begin to talk about average spend per visit or disposable income per visitor etc.

To paraphrase Dr. Bill and his mixed metaphors - we're not comparing oranges and beans here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

baz2009 wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking myself, the Woodies in Tallaght is very isolated, it'd take a while to get somewhere with a decent crowd of consumers. Whereas the Woodies in Bray seemed to be in the town as the street was fairly busy where they were handing out flyers.
    The Square is across the road, less than five minutes walking distance. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

el diablo wrote: »
    The Square is across the road, less than five minutes walking distance. :rolleyes:

Shup, I haven't been there in ages.:pac:

I remembered it to be about a 10 minute drive to the square from Woodies, though,

baz2009 wrote: »
    Shup, I haven't been there in ages.:pac:

I remembered it to be about a 10 minute drive to the square from Woodies, though,

You must be confusing it with another Woodies. With no traffic it'd take less than one minute by car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

The guy that was voted off defended himself badly.

He was only trying to save the seed money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

What did Kieran have to say for himself on "You're Fired"? Did he say he was getting his bit from Caroline? They looked to be fairly cosy on the one episode of that "At Home" show on 3e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

johnn wrote: »
    What did Kieran have to say for himself on "You're Fired"? Did he say he was getting his bit from Caroline? They looked to be fairly cosy on the one episode of that "At Home" show on 3e

Kieran has a girlfriend. He said Caroline was his friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kateof

The watershed is it's own thing, the question is whether it's appropriate in the corporate world to be f...n and blindin' around customers, and colleagues? In my mind it's aggressive and disrespectful. sends the message that the company represented is also aggressive and disrespectful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

It is but as I said I doubt you are just able to rock up to the Square and start out flyers for a competitors store :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Kieran's actual real life [non reality show] girlfriend is much more attractive than the ladies on the show. I'd say he just got bored of the whole thing - knew he'd be fired and was happy enough with it. He got the publicity he wanted and a good deal of advertising for the family firm.

He has a few enemies on Boards via the Poker Forum and it's all BS. In reality he's a sound guy with decent morals and a good business head on him. I don't think it was ever his intention to "win". From my perspective it's a shame he's gone as it's great fun watching a friend make a fool of themselves.

Guess I'll cheer on Barry for the win.

• Advertisement

I'm with you cheering Barry on FboyD, he's very focussed, and Hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

laugh wrote: »
    Ok I'm nearly certain now that Dave is holding the €20 note behind his back when Barry asks him about it.

I spotted that too, replayed it a few times. Looks very like 20 quid to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

johnn wrote: »

I know there's a saying "there's no fool like an old fool", intended to warn aging, balding, paunching men against the unlikely chances that some young gorgeous attractive woman will fancy them for their own sakes.

Having said which, there's no doubt that leggy solicitor Caroline is leading those young bucks a merry dance. She's no bimbo and she doesn't dress sluttily but she has legs to die for, amazing blue eyes, is intelligent and understated and comes across as a little vulnerable at times.

In short, she has them eating out of her hands and they're all falling over each other trying to win her favours. I'm not alleging there's any sex happening; in fact, I'd bet my bottom dollar nobody's even got their gloves on, let alone gotten to first base (Is that a correct metaphor?)

But she has them all bedazzled. She's a man's woman and it's clear the other slightly frumpier girls see right through it and despise her accordingly.

I reckon Bill will have to move her to a more male dominated team because if she's on a losing female-heavy team next week and Tara or Ciara is the PM she's toast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I know there's a saying "there's no fool like an old fool", intended to warn aging, balding, paunching men against the unlikely chances that some young gorgeous attractive woman will fancy them for their own sakes.

Having said which, there's no doubt that leggy solicitor Caroline is leading those young bucks a merry dance. She's no bimbo and she doesn't dress sluttily but she has legs to die for, amazing blue eyes, is intelligent and understated and comes across as a little vulnerable at times.

In short, she has them eating out of her hands and they're all falling over each other trying to win her favours. I'm not alleging there's any sex happening; in fact, I'd bet my bottom dollar nobody's even got their gloves on, let alone gotten to first base (Is that a correct metaphor?)

But she has them all bedazzled. She's a man's woman and it's clear the other slightly frumpier girls see right through it and despise her accordingly.

I reckon Bill will have to move her to a more male dominated team because if she's on a losing female-heavy team next week and Tara or Ciara is the PM she's toast.

super post god dam leggy bitch killlllll her:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Just saw it again on TV3's website.

My God, those legs go on for ever!!!

I half expect, if you ever get to see the end of them there'll be 33 Chilean miners in a huddle waiting to be rescued.

duckysauce wrote: »
    super post god dam leggy bitch killlllll her:eek:
    Very observant of you, I believe Caroline is playing the guys all right, but I don't think she's aware that she does this, I think it's her unconscious way of getting her attention in life, prob learned in her early years and very successful too!!

kateof wrote: »
    Very observant of you, I believe Caroline is playing the guys all right, but I don't think she's aware that she does this, I think it's her unconscious way of getting her attention in life, prob learned in her early years and very successful too!!

Certainly not your average Leitrim girl, eh. ;)

I dont know about that - the Leitrim gals I've met are pretty good at getting exactly what they want, in the most unobtrusive way. But hey? isn't she a Roscommon girl?

I dont know about that - the Leitrim gals I've met are pretty good at getting exactly what they want, in the most unobtrusive way. But hey? isn't she a Roscommon girl?
    Roscommon's in Leitrim isn't it? :rolleyes:

Roscommon's in Leitrim isn't it? :rolleyes:
    I'm not usually an overly sensitive or aggressive person, but if you were beside me I'd give you a thump! I'm a Roscommon girl, and very proud of Caroline. Leitrim is beautiful in its own right, but cannot be compared to Roscommon in any way.

• Advertisement

I'm not usually an overly sensitive or aggressive person, but if you were beside me I'd give you a thump! I'm a Roscommon girl, and very proud of Caroline. Leitrim is beautiful in its own right, but cannot be compared to Roscommon in any way.

Ok, sorry Kate. No offence intended. Up the Rossies. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Folks, even disguised clues are not welcome here as is idle speculation.

I won't be taking action this time as I don't see it as being deliberate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Haddockman wrote: »
    Folks, even disguised clues are not welcome here as is idle speculation.

I won't be taking action this time as I don't see it as being deliberate.

The point I was trying to make was that in this country, we are such a shower of big mouths and blabbers. The integrity of the show has been compromised. Don't worry, I shant say any more on the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ally Dick wrote: »
    The point I was trying to make was that in this country, we are such a shower of big mouths and blabbers. The integrity of the show has been compromised. Don't worry, I shant say any more on the subject

Yes, you being one of them.

Please don't. There are spoiler warnings on this thread.

We are all here to discuss the TV show as it happens and the last thing we need is someone telling us the winner or alluding to the winner. Which you did in your now deleted post and which I now have an idea of in my head (thanks for that!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Disgrace the way there is serious almost 100% confirmed rumours on the winner going round.
    The show should be binned and the winner eliminated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

How come I can't find these rumours?? Where would one happen across them?

Ok, sorry Kate. No offence intended. Up the Rossies. :)
    Ah maybe you're a gentleman after all, you capitulate beautifully, complete forgiveness is yours.
    I haven't heard any rumours about the winner either! I agree, if the result is public knowledge, it should be scrapped and start again. Actually I'm not sure if the Irish show shouldn't be scapped anyway, I don't really like Bill (Sir Sugar is way more master of his boardroom, very much in control) and Jackie!?! and then of course what's his name, is probably the best of the three, imo.

Advertisement