Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knowing that YOU'RE in a dream.

Options
  • 11-10-2010 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Sometimes I know i'm in a dream and I do crazy things in the dream.

Anyone else KNOW THEY'RE IN A DREAM?

Am I special? Inception like?

:P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭thenakedanddead

Not really. Lucid dreaming is pretty common. I've done it plenty of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Joebits wrote: »

Yep do it all the time, if i have had the dream before i know and i can change its direction.

very cool....

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

Yep do it all the time, if i have had the dream before i know and i can change its direction.

very cool....
    me too and its fantastic!! most times anyway;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 MisterMom

A few times I've been in a very stressful dream but then I say to myself "Don't worry, you're only dreaming, you'll wake up soon". And I usuallly wake up a few minutes later!!! I think it's pretty weird though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Yes though normally I'll try to wake myself up. Other times I'll be aware of the dream but let it go through its natural progression if I think it presents a good idea for a story/script or song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Nope :-( I've always wanted to experience it, but never have.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

In a dream you won't be able to justify how you arrived in a particular situation/location, when you're awake you always can.

AWAKE: I'm in my bed because the last thing I did before that was climb in to bed, etc, etc, etc.

DREAM: I'm in town and being chased. Wait a minute how the **** did I get in to town?? Ah dream you fecker! nearly had me there for a minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ferrise

Well i am too much into lucid dreaming and i really enjoy while dreaming because i know what i have to do next... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭greenybaby

My dreams are mad :rolleyes: i wake up and see people insects etc and i am awake sitting up talking to them, i tell myself i'm dreaming but they are still there :eek: now i got an app for my iphone that records movements and sounds in the night and that night i woke to little insects (dunno what type) walking around my room carrying things, i could see them in the dark and then turned on the lamp and could still see them :rolleyes::rolleyes: i went back to sleep and when i woke in the morning i listened to the recording, fully aware of what i had done, and there it was, the movement of me sitting up, the clicking of the lamp going on and then me having a conversation with them and laughing and then the lamp clicking off and a big sigh( nearly like a content sigh) :eek::eek: now the talk was inaudible, god knows what i was saying but the laughs out of me were scary :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Wigglesworth

Lucid dreams are kinda of weird. I think my brain is too rational to go with it. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

it's pretty cool, although I have limited experience. Would love to learn how to do it better, if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Joebits wrote: »

I hate it. I know I am in a dream yet I know there is no way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Not sure if it's the same thing but I went through a phase of waking and being able to continue the same dream after going back to sleep. Thinking back now maybe I was never awake.

Worst experience though was "waking up" locked in, couldn't move. Could hear noise that I thought was somebody coming and I was ****ting it. Really strange experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

i love when i figure out im dreaming,the minute i do i "power up" i do be like spiderman on drugs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭l.m

yes it happens me, it mostly happens during very sad/scary dreams and i try to reassure myself by saying its not real and try and wake myself up, sometimes i do manage to wake myself up, a couple of weeks ago it happened and i started repeatedly shouting at myself to wake up during the dream and i eventually did

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Over the last few weeks I've realised I was dreaming a good few times. It's the first time this has happened to me. It has happened maybe three or four times over about 2 weeks. I'm always having calm dreams when it happens. But whenever it happens, my body has a horrific reaction to it. I immediately feel sleep paralysis and wake up properly a few minutes after from managing to move my fingers and toes. Anyone else have this reaction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 GreenFaery

I've realized I was dreaming a good few times. One time I was so desperate to wake myself up I kept jumping down the stairs in the 'dream' house. Good thing it was a dream and not reality!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I used to get this a lot a few years ago but haven't in a while.

It's mad when it does happen though, you can just do whatever you want and change the dream completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

Happens to me a lot when I am dreaming something bad. I will realise I am dreaming and re-assure myself that it is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

i have the most vivid dreams ever. i have lucid dreams, i have sleep paralysis, i've had my boyfriend wake me up because i was running in the bed, dancing in the bed, allsorts! i have an "other world" in my dreams that is completely familiar to me and i know my way around it but don't know anywhere like this in real life. i go there all the time, just normal stuff goin about my business!
    i remember scary dreams i had from childhood and a weird recurring one that used to wake me up feeling nauseous but i could never explain to my parents what it was about it that was scary, i still can't, i just can't put it into words. i'm always falling & flying as well. once i was dreaming that my mother was dying, and said to myself in the dream, this can't be happening, pinch yourself and if you don't wake up then its real...the dream continued and i woke up BAWLING cause i honestly thought she had died!
    freaky. i do have lots of funny happy dreams too though...hate having a dream disturbed if its nice altho sometimes like other posters i am able to fall back asleep and go back into the same dream. really interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Gillian0_o

It happens to me a lot. Plenty of people spend ages teaching trying to learn to do it, so make the most of it if it comes naturally to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

I remember the first time it happened to me I was standing on the top skinny part of my door in my room and watching wolverine from the x-men run into and then out of my room. I just was like "hold on a minute there" this must be a dream...
    So jumped down off my door and started walking around my room....i was in my house walking around looking into each empty room but everything was the exact same, except it was daytime....
    Real weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

My cousin was telling me about this, i didnt believe him!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

but sleeping with the eye open a little and seeing things on the other side of the room close to me beside the bed happened a number of times.The water in the eye or fluid was acting like a lens...it still happens.Telescopic like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Happens to me every few weeks or so. If its a bad dream i try and wake myself up. If its a normal dream i just try and ride the closest female :cool:

Advertisement