Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pleaasse help

Options
  • 11-10-2010 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi everyone...wow never done this before....um..well Im Emma Im in my Leaving cert year and frankly I am BROKE! I really really need a weekend job A.S.A.P to save up for college and stuff so if anyone knows anywhere hiring part time staff please post a reply :) I dont have much experience but am a people person,quick to learn...you know all that jazz! West Cork would be preferable but anywhere in Cork city, Ballincollig even Blarney would be just fine.
    Um.....I dont really know how to sign off so....Bye :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

To be honest, you haven't a hope getting anything posting on here! Print out CV's and go out to shops/bars/restaurants etc and hand them in. It's tough out there but that's probably the best way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Emmerz

I know Ive been turned down more than...I dunno a person who gets turned down a lot....lol Gah and if college fees come in Ill screwwed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Have you tried www.parttimejobs.ie and www.corkjobs.ie ?

The biggest problem you are facing at the moment is your job application getting lost in the crowd, so you need to figure out a way to get yourself noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭socio

Try getting some experience by doing some volunteer work if you can. Even a couple of hours a week will give you something for your CV and help develop your skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sartay

Have you tried www.parttimejobs.ie and www.corkjobs.ie ?

The biggest problem you are facing at the moment is your job application getting lost in the crowd, so you need to figure out a way to get yourself noticed.

My friend got a great CV done up by a graphic designer. It looked amazing. I know there's more to it than just fancy design and you have to have the experience/skills to back it up, But at least employers would notice it when they are sifting through a few hundred CVs & might slow down long enough to read it properly. Anyway I thought it was a good idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement