Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Hype

Options
  • 11-10-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Right,

Following the great success of Farz v Dave why not make streamed matches on a Monday(or whenever suits folks) a regular thing?

It would be a great way to get some hype and rivalries going in the community as well as help us get our heads around streaming stuff.

So In this thread I call for suggestions of possible matches you would like the see.

Alternatively we could just do a draw every week of those who would be up for a game.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

If my net was better, I'd FT10 vs Joe in BB =3 But it's not so I won't put anyone through that*:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lol @ speedboat just assuming I never have anything to do on a Monday night.

I don't but thats besides the point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Lol @ speedboat just assuming I never have anything to do on a Monday night.

I don't but thats besides the point :D

Well I'm sure we could stream it other ways if you're unavailable.

Worst case just have folks in the lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Kiki vs Chunkis: salt and viniger on my chips plz

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Placebo wrote: »
    Kiki vs Chunkis: salt and viniger on my chips plz
    I would do this, but Chunkis would trash me at 3S, and I only have PS3 for SSFIV (think he only has Xbox).

Also I'm trying to learn Ryu. It's progressing slowly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

DooM vs Azza clearly :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Perhaps a vote for what day would suit the majority to watch it. And a name like "The Zorin is king battles" or something as opposed to naming it after a specific day incase that changes. But yeh definitely a great idea and I'm excited to see more of these in the coming weeks. Could run a league of some sort online perhaps. Xbox players league and a ps3 players league then a finals with the winners from each fighting like in the NBA finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ry wrote: »
    ps3 players

I'm not following you? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I call out any chumps who want to throwdown in 3s, ft 10, 5 game headstart for your weak ass

Can stream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ry get that zorin crap outta here

• Advertisement

Bush80 wrote: »
    Ry get that zorin crap outta here

Lol you worship him.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Well the name and the day of the week can be voted on.

But I think it could be a really cool experiment.

Even if we got something going every second week it would still add something else to our calender. I mean we have lobbies going every day anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Speed Boat wrote: »
    Right,

Following the great success of Farz v Dave why not make streamed matches on a Monday(or whenever suits folks) a regular thing?

It would be a great way to get some hype and rivalries going in the community as well as help us get our heads around streaming stuff.

So In this thread I call for suggestions of possible matches you would like the see.

Alternatively we could just do a draw every week of those who would be up for a game.

Thoughts?

Great idea Speedboat it could act as an addition to the legendary Inferno by letting people finish what they started at Inferno and act as Hype? for the following tourney setting up some grudge matches.
    It could be called Monday night Hype?
    or Tuesday night Throwdown depending on the day

would anyone watch first to ten EVERY WEEK?
    this was once off, specially because of our aggressive RIVALRY.

need to spice it up, some sort of league. Maybe EVEN An online tournament, in this form !

also Ramza, dont get too cocky sir, I know your urien, BRING IT ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

challenge accepted? > : |

would anyone watch first to ten EVERY WEEK?
    this was once off, specially because of our aggressive RIVALRY.

need to spice it up, some sort of league. Maybe EVEN An online tournament, in this form !

We could do first to 5 sometimes.

You've a good point though. Someone above said me v azza... and while we are indeed the archest of rivals, does anyone really want to sit through potentially 19 fights of the two biggest turtles in Ireland drying each other out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

We could do first to 5 sometimes.

You've a good point though. Someone above said me v azza... and while we are indeed the archest of rivals, does anyone really want to sit through potentially 19 fights of the two biggest turtles in Ireland drying each other out?

Excellent point there Doom, there would need to be a standardised format to make these easier to run and understand so a best of 9 matchup would probably work better also for newcomers there should be instructions or a link on how to view the matches as even I was confused about how to view it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I wouldn't mind Azza vs Doom. I'd watch Guile V Guile. If were gonna do it then we should always have ft10. Its not that long, 19 fights is nothing. If ppl complain then tell them they dont have to watch it. The streaming was fine for our 1st. Good stuff Doom. Im sure youve heard the problems with it, i wont bore u again wit the details, Hopefully we can improve.

The Hound wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Azza vs Doom. I'd watch Guile V Guile. If were gonna do it then we should always have ft10. Its not that long, 19 fights is nothing. If ppl complain then tell them they dont have to watch it. The streaming was fine for our 1st. Good stuff Doom. Im sure youve heard the problems with it, i wont bore u again wit the details, Hopefully we can improve.

I've heard a few and I will do my best to adjust (the tex'll be bigger next time, and I will try to increase the quality) although if I am playing azza someone else'd have to stream. I'm pretty sure SSF4'd grind to a halt with it uploading.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What equipment is needed to stream?

I have a 3mb upload, so should be able to stream okay.

• Advertisement

let have our very own gods gordon, online.
    could be every 2 months or so,
    prize = ONLINE GLORY

and/or a gold spray painted keyboard

What equipment is needed to stream?

I have a 3mb upload, so should be able to stream okay.

Just the hauppage and a dacent laptop with the appropriate (free) software. I'm pretty sure you could also use a video capture card.

Ustream recognised both the video and sound capture software immediately.. It was, to be fair, a hugely intuitive process.

I don't know what's needed for a windows machine though, I did it on mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sorry I missed the first Monday Night Hype, it looked pretty epic.

I totally vote for Hound VS Dreddy, first to 10, random select every match :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sorry I missed the first Monday Night Hype, it looked pretty epic.

I totally vote for Hound VS Dreddy, first to 10, random select every match :D

That'd be cool, I don't have xbox live though :pac:

Just the hauppage and a dacent laptop with the appropriate (free) software. I'm pretty sure you could also use a video capture card.

Ustream recognised both the video and sound capture software immediately.. It was, to be fair, a hugely intuitive process.

I don't know what's needed for a windows machine though, I did it on mac.

Maybe Justin.tv would be better for it too as it seems like a nicer setup. Not to mention the fact they've an iphone app you can stream live from your iphone cam or watch live streams with it on the phone. Might be good for those not near their pc or whatever too :)

I've heard a few and I will do my best to adjust (the tex'll be bigger next time, and I will try to increase the quality) although if I am playing azza someone else'd have to stream. I'm pretty sure SSF4'd grind to a halt with it uploading.

I think you can stream from an easycap. Ill try tonight but im not sure if ill be able to stream at decent quality.

Got a stream running at ok quality

Vid

http://www.justin.tv/bush80/b/271765393

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I dunno if forcing these things to happen at a regular interval is the best idea, I like the idea of the hype building up naturally based on whatever banter is going on on the forums.

One thing I'd really love to see whenever this happens though is instead of all the spectators sitting in IRC watching the match, they all get in teamspeak or some other voice chat program instead, this adds more hype plus some more than likely highly amusing banter to be edited in with the videos.

Just an idea though, I'm gonna assume people wouldn't be into it.

Something like this?

Also: Doing commentary is quite hard.

• Advertisement

Firstly ****in hilarious
    Secondly, how old is that replay and why did Ajay save it [bastid !!!]
    Thirdly, i dont play like that anymore, so many mistakes.

Advertisement