Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Hype

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    Firstly ****in hilarious
    Secondly, how old is that replay and why did Ajay save it [bastid !!!]
    Thirdly, i dont play like that anymore, so many mistakes.

You'd have to ask him, all I know is it was the last saved non Guile movie I had so I used it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    Firstly ****in hilarious
    Secondly, how old is that replay and why did Ajay save it [bastid !!!]
    Thirdly, i dont play like that anymore, so many mistakes.

Don't try to defend that, it was terrible!!

@Doom: commentary was good but i'm sure you'd normally be doing it with two people as its a bit bare with one.

animaX wrote: »
    Don't try to defend that, it was terrible!!

@Doom: commentary was good but i'm sure you'd normally be doing it with two people as its a bit bare with one.

Yeah obviously.

I wasn't comfortable doing it either, my housemates would have been a bit worried if I was getting hype :D

Only thing is I don't see the method I used working live, it was an interesting experiment.

What we COULD do is record a podcast live and I could just sync the sound up in iMovie after.

It'll mean some reduction in quality but no one seems to mind it in the iMovie examples above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I would agree with Sisko on not making it too regular - player base is only too big as well plus this was massive because there was a lead up to it (and it involved Farz who naturally creates hype :D)

Not sure about the teamspeak thing - ends up just people cutting across each other. IRC works well I think - it's like the chat within a stream but better...

Do we need commentary? Biggest complaint is usually that the person is just stating the obvious (although that complaint usually isn't from SF people despite it happening) and if you try to artificially create hype or excitement, it will come across.

Commentary requires a LOT of practice before it becomes natural / good - have to become comfortable with your own voice plus the chance that people might overhear you ;)

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I dont think it needs to be some big hype grudge match every time, otherwise we would just be looking at Farz every week. Just to see some first to 10 matches with people would be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

but its safe to say i follow through and WIN THE GRUDGE, :pac:

51PyJ9gmRlL.jpg

Bush80 wrote: »
    I dont think it needs to be some big hype grudge match every time, otherwise we would just be looking at Farz every week. Just to see some first to 10 matches with people would be good.

Actually the more I think about this, the better an idea it seems.

It'd be a great way to learn about characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

It seems that folks wouldn't mind doing a gods garden style online tourney having read through the thread.

I agree with doom that it would be a great way to learn matchups/different characters.
    It wouldn't be too hard to run one and streaming it wouldn't have to be top priority.

Lag would seem to be the biggest obstacle as we all seem to find our way into a lobby at least once a week for some games.

Advertisement