Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

big bang time

Options
  • 11-10-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Well, again it is time of the year when all those headless teens are running around with all sorts of fireworks.

This time , 11/10/2010 20:40, one of them had thrown a "banger" into my window.
    Fortunately for me the window did not break.
    Unfortunately for the guy there were witnesses.
    Reportedly, that guy was carrying a pack of 50 of those fireworks.

As usual, Garda refuses to take any action against under aged ...
    but I can ...

<snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Ah now, we can all go making lists of lil bastards with fireworks, 3 years back.. my name could be amongst them.. but sure the mods will be along soon enough to delete the info you have in your OP. You said it yourself, Gards wont do anything and God knows if you went out after them the kids wont either, they're ballsy not brain-dead. Catch one of them and drag him home to his Mammy.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

DennisZ wrote: »
    but I can ...

<snip>

No you can't, and if you try that again I will siteban you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Well, again it is time of the year when all those headless teens are running around with all sorts of fireworks.

This time , 11/10/2010 20:40, one of them had thrown a "banger" into my window.
    Fortunately for me the window did not break.
    Unfortunately for the guy there were witnesses.
    Reportedly, that guy was carrying a pack of 50 of those fireworks.

but I can ...

you are "famous" now, ! :evil:

If you feel so strongly as to put his name up here why are you not writing to the local Superintendent at Swords Garda Station? You also have T.D.s and Councillors. and seeing as you have all these witnessess did you phone his parents? Maybe they would appreciate it.

What the kid done was wrong but as is often the case the Parents probably think their little angle would not do that but someone needs to tell them. Put it in writing to them and while your at it and give a copy to the Gardái.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DennisZ

LeoB wrote: »
    why are you not writing to the local Superintendent at Swords Garda Station? You also have T.D.s and Councillors. and seeing as you have all these witnessess did you phone his parents? Maybe they would appreciate it.
    I sure will. just have not found his exact address/phone# yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I sure will. just have not found his exact address/phone# yet .

So why go and put the details up you did earlier?

Do you actually know the lad? Can you prove it was him? Will you stand up and identify him? These ar questions you will probably be asked if you pursue it...... Not everyone will be prepared to go through the whole process for various reasons, which is understandable and is one reason why the Gardái sometimes seem reluctant to push these matters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Are fireworks not illegal in Ireland? How do people get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

DennisZ - If you know that kid's name & address - take it up with his parents or relevant authorities. If you name & shame a child (or an adult for that matter) here again I will ban you permanently.

Corsendonk - If you wish to discuss the legality or otherwise of fireworks in Ireland - start another thread in the relevant forum.

Thread closed.

HB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement