Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Licence query

• 11-10-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Ok I have a full car licence for the past two years and now what to get a bike licence,,what do i need to bring with me to the tax office,,,and will i need to do a theroy test,,i didnt do one for the car as i had a provisional for years and didnt need to take one..??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

joyce2009 wrote: »
    Ok I have a full car licence for the past two years and now what to get a bike licence,,what do i need to bring with me to the tax office,,,and will i need to do a theroy test,,i didnt do one for the car as i had a provisional for years and didnt need to take one..??

Yeah youll have to do your theory but its not that hard pretty much the same as the cage theory and since youve been driving for a while you should be fairly sensible, u can apply and pay for the test online think its 35euros and once youv passed youll get your license at the tax office, think the stuff you need is listed somewhere at the bottom of this page, http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/motoring-1/driver-licensing/learner_driving_permits_for_motorcycles_in_ireland, prob best to brush up on the RSA's rules of the road to be safe.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

thanks for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

if on your first car provisional licence you ticked the A or A1 licence box aswell then you probably wont need to sit anything. as it wont be your first bike provisional.

if it is your very first Bike licence you need to submit an eye test as well as the theory test because your adding a class to your licence.

i was planning to go through all this myself before i was told i had actually had 2 bike provisional licences and to get a new 3rd one i would need to apply for my bike test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

inchiuvatu wrote: »
    if on your first car provisional licence you ticked the A or A1 licence box aswell then you probably wont need to sit anything. as it wont be your first bike provisional.

if it is your very first Bike licence you need to submit an eye test as well as the theory test because your adding a class to your licence.

i was planning to go through all this myself before i was told i had actually had 2 bike provisional licences and to get a new 3rd one i would need to apply for my bike test.

No you don't, if you have a licence they have an eye test on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    No you don't, if you have a licence they have an eye test on record.

im just informing what i was asked to do, i had a car licence for 2 years and when i called about getting what i thought was my first bike provisional i was told you need to submit another eye test because i was adding a category to my licence.

if in the last month something has changed then all the better he'll save 20 quid on an eye test.

• Advertisement
Advertisement