Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub/ Hotel Recommendations please!!!

Options
  • 11-10-2010 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi I'm trying to organise a hen night for approx 50 ladies.Could anyone recommend some hotels / pubs that welcome hen partys?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

That's some hen night! It's like a small wedding in itself!:D

I would imagine that any hotel or pub in town would be grabbing your business with both hands. ETA: Make sure you negotiate good rates and few freebies.

Ormond Hotel
    Hotel Kilkenny
    Springhill Court Hotel
    Rivercourt Hotel
    Newpark Hotel
    Lyrath Estate Hotel
    Hibernian Hotel

Of those the Rivercourt, Ormond and Hibernian are right in town which means you wouldn't have to walk far in high heels and barely-there dresses which is a big plus. :D

I'm not sure if any restaurant would be able to seat you all at the same time - would have to be a hotel if you all want to eat together.

I'm not great on pubs and it would probably depend on the average age of the hen party group.

There is the Left Bank and Langtons, Matt the Millers, Magnums (although did I read somewhere that it was closed or am I imagining it?), Morriseys, Morrisons, Kytlers and a host of others. It really depends on whether you are staying put in the one place for the night I'd think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Langton would be tooled up for the whole thing.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Langton would have his tool up to get the whole thing.

Fixed that for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nuttytart

Thank you thats really helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I thought Mr Langton had an aversion to stags and hens? I know of one occasion in which some associates of mine who happened to be wearing suits on a night out were denied access and despite their heartiest objections, accused of being members of a stag party.

Such are the ramifications of being impeccably turned out for an evening of cigars and brandy, but no matter.... Negative implications of a sartorial nature aside, it's a good place, however I suggest you elicit the interest of a more willing and grateful proprietor who will be happier to take your money under these circumstances, such as Mr Phelan of The Kilford Arms up the road.

Alternatively you could attempt to convince Mssrs Langton that you are in fact a society dedicated to the Proliferation of L-Plates, Excessive drinking Bunny ears and Schoologirl outfits.

If you manage convince to convince him that P.L.E.B.S. are having their AGM in Kilkenny they might be more open to negotiation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Nice username btw nuttytart!

Advertisement