Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Echolink HG556a Username Change?

• 11-10-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi, got the above vodafone router today and I'm trying to change the default username of "vodafone" through the router homepage, however I have only been able to find the password option.

had a look on the vodafone site and couldn't find anything on it, does anyone know if this is possible?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Try logging in using the admin login

username: admin

password: VF-IRhg556

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Or:

User: advanced
    Pass: advanced

As per the latest firmware from Vodafone, posted on the support forums, beware though, these modems appear to have serious lock-up issues resulting in disconnection until you reboot them, have one in testing at the moment and it has been giving trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Or:

User: advanced
    Pass: advanced

As per the latest firmware from Vodafone, posted on the support forums, beware though, these modems appear to have serious lock-up issues resulting in disconnection until you reboot them, have one in testing at the moment and it has been giving trouble

Mr DAZ, thanks but it didn't work

munster cycling, thanks for your comments, if they are giving that much hassle i think i will just leave it, once the pass is changed, thats enough i suppose. don't want a frozen router after 2 days :D

Advertisement