Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horstmann E7

Options
  • 11-10-2010 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

I have changed a few Graslin E7 timers over the past year with Horstmann E7 timer. Although I find the Horstmann E7 very good they have a disadvantage that they have to be set for a min of 4 hrs per night (sometimes the owner only wants an hour per night) Does anyone recommend an alternative product which is reliable

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya -4hrs may be excessive for a smaller cylinder(never really thought about it)

what's wrong with all these grasslin's??

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Dubstar07

Siemens do good models usually.
    What's the problem with the Grasslin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

I have changed 4 in last year which were burnt where they were connected - I not sure is it because they were loose connections or is there a fault with them.

the cable connections? sounds like a poor install

• Registered Users Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

This the Horstman Electronic 7 (http://www.voltimum.co.uk/news/13565/cm/horstmann-electronic-7---simple-to-use--simple-to-install-and-fully-beab-accredited.html), or the quartz timer one?

The electonic allows you to set 3 on/off intervals, as well as a timed boost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Ya was burnt around cable connections - possibly not tightened properly but having changed 4 with same problem - I dont trust them - maybe screws come loose easily - they were burnt bably and plastic melted. I havent seen any problems with Siemens model - only Grasslin

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Just wondering - does anyone ever wire the main element up to the meter-switched off-peak circuits like Storage heaters? It seems relatively common in the UK, and avoids having to set the timer to match the Nightsaver times.

on via timer
    off via control pair from esb at 8am approx

through a contactor

-still needs a timer unless -you're heating water for 8hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

Advertisement