Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some ideas pls

Options
  • 11-10-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

hey all,

As the next phase of my mid life crisis I've decided to get a new tattoo.
    Now the old one I have - I love, but I always thought it too small and wanted to

a: get the same thing much bigger - but I am not sure how covering up the current one would work, or
    b: get a tribal tattoo that sort of incorporates it.

below is an idea of what I am thinking of

also attached are 2 pics - one as is, one as I imagine it would be - the marks on it indicate how high I would like the new tat to go - I would not like it to go below the foot of the current one.

So, since it was suggested I get something designed personally can any one suggest anything I could get done so I can at least have some ideas before I go annoying a busy tat artist?

Many thanks as ever boardsies !

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

If I were you and I loved the tattoo you currently have I would strongly consider getting a larger more detailed version in the area that you have outlined......a cover-up basically.

If you were to get the right artist to do a photo-realistic version of what you have could look good, probably very good. Or you could get a standard tribal thing that you found on the net..... :pac:
    Seriously, dont get that tribal, its just pointy black stuff from a catalogue, I'm not knocking all neo-tribal, I love the stuff Rory Keating does but he does his tribals custom so that they fit the wearers body. Before you get excited, he's in San Diego so he may not be the guy.

Back to the horse, probably Remis or Justin Russell would be my picks for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 keaneray

I agree with Diceicle don't get that tribal design. There's a strong chance of passing someone in the street with the exact tattoo. Get something personal not generic. Tribal designs should have meaning and be representative. Do some more research before you dive in. Check out this links for inspiration:

http://www.mokoink.com/2008/08/05/moko-male/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quGmq-n8WY4

Advertisement