Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting a Racer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

By spec a much better bike for cheaper:

http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=1819

... I was thinking of getting it before my budget got cut :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

on that trek link

Like Lance’s bike, in aluminum.

theres the reason fro not buyiing that bike, right there :D

bit of an unimaginative choice from the bike shop there, hard to to get interested (not yours or the bike shops fault but........ )

depressingly the trek's the best specced 105 versus tiagra or tiagra/sora if they are the only options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

on that trek link

Like Lance’s bike, in aluminum.

theres the reason fro not buyiing that bike, right there :D

bit of an unimaginative choice from the bike shop there, hard to to get interested (not yours or the bike shops fault but........ )

depressingly the trek's the best specced 105 versus tiagra or tiagra/sora if they are the only options

The shop is a giant and trek dealer, so they are the only options they had. That canyon looks very nice. So many options out there, suppose the frames are all similar, just the components/wheels will be different. It be my first road bike so want to get the best I can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

okane1 wrote: »
    The shop is a giant and trek dealer, so they are the only options they had. That canyon looks very nice. So many options out there, suppose the frames are all similar, just the components/wheels will be different. It be my first road bike so want to get the best I can afford.

If you don't have any qualms about internet shopping overs lbs shopping (which I really don't because they're making a killing with the btw I hear) then I would do a bit more research with a view to getting the canyon. Everything is quality on that canyon down to the tyres.

... plus that Canyon is ridiculously light and it has no affiliation with Lance :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ast.enthus84

What's the difference between the TCR2 & Defy 1? Personally I think the TCR looks very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

I wouldn’t have any issue with internet shopping. What is the craic with warranties etc with buying direct from the manufacture?
    If anything failed and was covered under warranty, do they post out the replacement part and they cover the cost of replacing it in a lbs?

Advertisement