Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photographing Animals Dublin?

• 11-10-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good place to photograph animals around Dublin? Want to get some practice in.

The Zoo and AnimalRights' swans not applicable :pac:

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Farms in Kildare.... Seriously though, I needed to photograph cows today as a favour for a friend. I collected the kids from school and literally drove around looking for a field of cows. When I found one I went looking for the farmer, who found me:rolleyes: and was more than happy to bring me over and assist me in photographing them, if you dont ask you dont get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Airfield Trust in Dundrum

The deer in Phoenix Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Seals @ Howth. Dunno if they'll still be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

oh and Smithfield Horse market..

Also, there are lots of donkeys and cows etc. up at Farmleigh in the Phoenix Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Try Newbridge traditional farm up beside Donabate. It's run by Fingal County Council and has lots of farm animals. You won't be disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The Botanic Gardens are full of squirrels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Templebar at around 2am on a Friday night/Saturday Morning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Finglas and Ballymun for horses, and Copperface Jacks for dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

The harbour in Bray has a large number of swans and geese

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Buckz

Squirrels, Birds and Terrapins- botanical gardens. Deer Phoenix Park. Foxes &nd Herons-along the Dodder. Swans Dux etc any of the Parks, but herbert part is quiet other than Lunchtime. Hares- long term carpark at the airport- there are loads of them... Anyone know where to find rabbits?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

plenty of rabbits in the phoenix park - you'll see them on the military road late in the evening. also saw a badger in the park the other night, it seemed to be having a standoff with some deer beside the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Keep you're eyes peeled for Redwings that arrived here from mid-October and into the Winter months.

Lots along the grassy areas of the Grand Canal last year.

4275572355_3fdf542ded.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there are several pairs of peregrine falcons within the canals, i'm told, but their location is not made generally known for their safety.

Advertisement