Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likelihood that someone will hand my student card and keys in?

Options
  • 12-10-2010 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Just gauging peoples opinions on this.

Was on my way home today and realised i didnt have my keys with my student card fairly stupidly attached to them(Good day to do that for the first and last time). Im pretty sure i left them in a health science classroom but not definitely as i was moving about a good bit since then.

What does everyone think the chances are that someone will very helpfully hand them in?

Im due the karma too because i handed in a UCD card today that i found on friday coincidentally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Someone once handed in 2 folders I'd left on a seat, so since then I always hand in keys, folders, etc. that I may find around UCD. I usually hand them in to the services desk in that building as I figure it's the best place for it.

You could try services in health science, or any of the other buildings you were in, just incase. Admin is also worth a try, just incase someone handed your student card in there.

If it's any consolation, my brother lost his wallet a while back and it had been handed in to services. I can't remember if all or some of the money was in it, but everything else, including bank cards and one of the UCD ball tickets were still in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

convert wrote: »
    Someone once handed in 2 folders I'd left on a seat, so since then I always hand in keys, folders, etc. that I may find around UCD. I usually hand them in to the services desk in that building as I figure it's the best place for it.

You could try services in health science, or any of the other buildings you were in, just incase. Admin is also worth a try, just incase someone handed your student card in there.

If it's any consolation, my brother lost his wallet a while back and it had been handed in to services. I can't remember if all or some of the money was in it, but everything else, including bank cards and one of the UCD ball tickets were still in it.

That is good to know, i always hand things in too so i hope it comes back to me.

What do you mean by admin, is that the student desk? Ill try the services desks tomorrow too. At least i have a few leads so to speak, nothing worse then losing something and not having a clue where to even begin looking.

Yeah, sorry, I mean the student desk. I assume that would be the place to go to see if it's been handed it? Or, if not, they could tell you where to go.

convert wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry, I mean the student desk. I assume that would be the place to go to see if it's been handed it? Or, if not, they could tell you where to go.

Ah grand, cheers for that. Ill do a runaround tomorrow.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

There's a very good chance someone came across it and handed it in - UCD seems to be excellent that way. I dropped my phone in a lecture theatre last year, and I got a call on my house phone that evening to tell me where the guy who found it left it in :) Besides, there'd be no benefit to someone making off with your card and keys anyway :P

Hope you retrieve it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I'm a peer mentor and during orientation week one of my mentees left his wallet on the benches outside health sciences B004, it was an hour or so later when he realised but it had been handed into the front desk there with everything still in it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I found a set of keys sticking out of a lock in one of the lockers in the Science Hub. I didn't want to just leave them there, so I took them out, wrote a note and put it on the locker and handed it into the desk.

I've heard of a lot of people losing things in UCD and mostly they get it back - it seems to be nice that way. Best of luck with it anyway!

A person I know lost his passport, wallet and phone last night. All that he has gotten back so far is his passport - he probably won't see the other things though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I left my iPhone 4 in 911 last week, I remembered about 15 mins later and when I went back some guy was in the middle of writing a note to attach to it to hand in.

Its nice to think people will do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I found a student card about 3 weeks ago, I emailed the lad using his student number, kept it and gave it back to him in person. I found it at like 11pm near pitches so I wasn't sure of which building he'd check. Although as he was Ag, that desk would have been where I put it had he not replied.

• Advertisement

Checked everywhere today, no luck unfortunately. Probably have to shell out the 30 quid now and try and remember what keys i had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I left my wallet in the Crunch changing rooms, got a call 15 mins later from the gym (identified me from my i.d.) telling me somebody handed it in

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

in the past week i found a memory stick and a student card on different days, handed them both in.
    i'm allllways finding things and handing them in, but whenever i lose stuff, it's never returned to me :(

Got them back along with my very expensive student card, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Got them back along with my very expensive student card, happy days!

Where did they end up?

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Where did they end up?

I checked all the services desks, student desk, rang everywhere else i'd been that day, then i remembered i'd gotten a lift in a club members car who i didnt know very well, eventually tracked down his number and they were in his boot thankfully.

Im chuffed to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LauraLuck

thats great you got them back, i was going to say the chances are high as i think they peeps at UCD are good decent folks :). if i lost something id be pretty confident id get it back.:cool: I found a wallet in the library last week and handed it into the desk.

Advertisement