Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Oz

Options
  • 12-10-2010 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I am planning to move to Oz in March but I have a student loan I am repaying at the moment.

It is 15k so I am paying €400 a month.

As a graduate, I cannot see myself getting a job here so it is tough to keep making the payments and I need to get out of this country to further my career.

Shame really as I love Ireland. But nothing for so many of us now.

What option do I have with the loan. It is really curtaling me now.

Will it stop my from leaving Ireland?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

It might not stop you from leaving Ireland but you will have to transfer money back every month for your payment.

Bearing in mind it's gonna cost you a good chunk of Aussie Dollars to get set up in Australia and pay rent etc and then the eqivalent of €400 + the transfer fee, it might not be worth your while going until you can get the loan down a good bit.

Also, do you fancy your chances of getting work in Oz?

Advertisement