If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little advice on which TV

Options
  • 12-10-2010 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys (and gals!)

First post on the Richer Sounds board. Basically looking to replace my current Samsung UE40B550 and you guys came highly recommended so if I can get the right advice/price I'd be a more than willing customer.

Been doing alot of research (not a videophile by any means, just picky and want to make the right choice wink.gif) and seem to be coming to the conclusion that a 40-47" full array local dimming LED would suit best (although I'm still kinda open minded...did someone say Panasonic VT20 biggrin.gif). The TV will be used for HD and SD (Sky), gaming (med/low input lag requirement) and Bluray (may be interested in picking up a player from yourselves also!). Not that interested in the 3D side of things yet (though I could be swayed) as the technology seems to be a work in progress from most info/reviews and I'd prefer to spend the extra money it'll cost on a TV with better PQ.

Anyhoo had my eye on these two TV's in particular so be interested in your opinions/recomendations/pricings:

LG LE8900 (42 and 47" models)
    Philips 40PFL9704 (Priced alot higher than LG, any ideas why!?)

Also been looking at the 2010 Samsungs so if you could give me prices of the C 6/7/8 40 and 46" models and how they compare/would you recommend them ahead of the other two (I know its all relative/personal but y'know what I mean). Also if there are any glaring omissions in or around this price range (Sony's maybe?) then I'm all ears.

Oh and also I'd be ordering from the Rep. of Ireland so just wondering how things work in terms of £'s -> €'s and delivery etc.

Thanks in advance guys! biggrin.gif

Rowan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Terrib1e.one

bump...just wanted to check if you stock the panasonic 42/46VT20's too by any chance..cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Terrible. Welcome to the forum.

The LG LE8900 is a fantastic screen.

Picture is very sharp, but very smooth thanks to the 200Hz scanning. The array of connections is simply more than enough. 4 x HDMI connections, 2 x USB with HD Divx support, Bluetooth, ethernet and combined with all that, it's THX certified too. Totally a screen that is worth looking at and it's one of the best I've seen at this sort of price. (£999.95)

Unfortuantely the Philips has been discontinued and replaced by the 40PFL9705 which is currently £1799.95 so it's at a very different price point. The Philips is beautiful but at the moment, I would find it hard to justify the Philips over the LG for the price difference.

We do stock the Panasonic 42 VT's are currently £1699 and these come with a BDT100 3D blu ray player. The 46" is not yet released but we do keep the 50" at £1999.95. They have also released the 42GT which at the moment comes with 2 pairs of glasses, 3D bluray and will upscale 2D to 3D and it's priced at £1499.95 which I think is a great price for a very good plasma.

I hope this helps but if I can be of any further assistance, just shout.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.