Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do Irish girls think of American men?

• 12-10-2010 2:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to get a full perspective on the issue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

jar-head, islamic baby killers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

The D4's will probably be all over them. Why value the inteligence of a person when all you want is the looks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Irish womens views of American men. Depending on city

New York - "I earn Ireland's GDP in a year and I have multiple designer suits and luxury houses. I have a brain for business and am a no nonsense guy, well groomed and arrogent."

Texas - I am a farmer/cowboy. I always wear a huge cowboy hat to look cool (hide thinning hair). I never drive a car but get around by horse and acknowledge everyone by holding the tip of my hat."

Las Vegas - I am overweight and seldom move. I quietly bet, drink and lose but not always in that order."

Detroit - "I am a black rapper"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Irish girls think now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

They'd probably talk shíte about them, but when nobody's looking, they'd ride em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Hey, any American guys I've met have been great fun and really up for a party. We met one guy from Florida while out busking and he ended up staying with us for a week and being made honourary Irish, so yeah they're good fun. I did hear though that American guys don't give head :eek: Anyone else hear that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

sesna wrote: »

I'm not Irish, but most of the time I find them a little odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

You'd have to ask the wif.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I find Americans to be quite pleasant and friendly overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

Overall, The american men are friendly and really interested in you - unlike some Irish "boys" here!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Most women think they're ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

The D4's will probably be all over them. Why value the inteligence of a person when all you want is the looks?

Spot the bitter, betdown, country lad who can't get with the D4 girls.

You keep thinking your 'inteligence' will get you a lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

reprazant wrote: »
    Spot the bitter, betdown, country lad who can't get with the D4 girls.

You keep thinking your 'inteligence' will get you a lady.
    You callin' me a country boy, par'ner? Don't you's go-a insulting mah own self, townie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

curlzy wrote: »
    I did hear though that American guys don't give head :eek: Anyone else hear that?

Take no heed, thats just nonsense :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Hey, any American guys I've met have been great fun and really up for a party. We met one guy from Florida while out busking and he ended up staying with us for a week and being made honourary Irish, so yeah they're good fun. I did hear though that American guys don't give head :eek: Anyone else hear that?

Think they do with women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

To generalise: loud n'fat.
    Just a stereotype, mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

Meh. In general, they're too full of themselves for my liking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I've been across the pond at university for over 4 years now, and American men cannot be stereotyped into one simple category, any more than can Irish men. There are just more of them to pick from (over 150 million), and they come in all shapes, sizes, heights, ages, personalities, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Honestly, they take a bit of getting used to. American men are far more open with their feelings and thoughts than their Irish counterparts. I was slightly freaked out about it at first but soon found it extremely refreshing.
    H I did hear though that American guys don't give head :eek: Anyone else hear that?

Fear not, this is untrue. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Honestly I think American men are full of themselves, far too forward, shallow, vain, up in themselves, greedy, its all about looks and money for them, having the wow job factor gives them a certain status whilst trying to out do their working peers, have no concept of relaxation or fun just think working a 24 hour 7 job outside the home non stop is the done deal for them which I think is crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I've been across the pond at university for over 4 years now, and American men cannot be stereotyped into one simple category, any more than can Irish men. There are just more of them to pick from (over 150 million), and they come in all shapes, sizes, heights, ages, personalities, etc.

A sensible, reasoned response. This is not the place for such an answer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jerm2222

I did hear though that American guys don't give head :eek: Anyone else hear that?

I assure you that is a myth ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jerm2222

Honestly I think American men are full of themselves, far too forward, shallow, vain, up in themselves, greedy, its all about looks and money for them, having the wow job factor gives them a certain status whilst trying to out do their working peers, have no concept of relaxation or fun just think working a 24 hour 7 job outside the home non stop is the done deal for them which I think is crazy!

Well I'm American and I'm the opposite of that Wallstreet Stereotype you described right there. You must have either met a huge douchebag or two from the US, which happens because the D-bags usually have the money to casually travel like that, or you have been watching too much MTV lol

And I guarantee it's not about the money, or the "wow job factor", and don't tell me that looks don't play a role in who you look for. A nice guy is a nice guy, no matter where they were born. pfft racist :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

sesna wrote: »

They think most american men are absolute **** and that ain't no lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

I'm sure Irish girls think all different things but the Irish women I know don't
    fall back on such childish stereotypes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

WindSock wrote: »
    I find Americans to be quite pleasant and friendly overall.

Obviously you lack oil deposits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

In my limited experience American men have a completely different sense of humour, and don't understand the slagging that usually goes on on Irish nights out. They also tend to have an Americentric view of the world, believe whatever the news tells them, and lack the basic cynicism that keeps the world sane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

kylith wrote: »
    In my limited experience American men have a completely different sense of humour, and don't understand the slagging that usually goes on on Irish nights out. They also tend to have an Americentric view of the world, believe whatever the news tells them, and lack the basic cynicism that keeps the world sane.
    That's not just American men, it's American people in general. In fact, it's generally the thinking of a lot of people who spend a great amount of time in the states. I've family who moved over to Seattle in the early 80's. Their ideas, opinions and sense of humour changed immeasurably.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement