Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The dredded "hey you work in computers, spec me a machine" thread!

Options
  • 12-10-2010 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

First of I'm a web dev and second I use mac.

Someone has approached me looking for me to get them a good machine for less than 500 but as close to 300 as possible.

Now all they will be doing is officey stuff, internet, YouTube, watching the odd movie and "databases" - which I'm going to assume is MS access :pac:

The person doesn't need a monitor nor mouse or keyboard
    Also doesn't need windows as I have an unlicensed copy of win7 lying round here.

I was thinking of this

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/pcconfigurator.jsp?pcConfigurator.asid=548772&pcConfigurator.gpOnly=0

It's the middle-class machine on hardware versand's site.

Also forgot to mention I need this pre built as if I mention I built it myself I become the free tech support guy for the rest of my life.*

* may have already happened.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

build it yourself and just say you bought it off some random site ;) you will save yourself hassle and money doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dell Inspiron 560 - €429 and will do everything he needs as well as provide someone else to ring and ask questions of.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

seamus wrote: »
    Dell Inspiron 560 - €429 and will do everything he needs as well as provide someone else to ring and ask questions of.

This and I've bolded the most important part.

Advertisement