Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballavary Bommers Pitch

Options
  • 12-10-2010 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi
    Does anyone know if the above pitch has a track around it suitable to run on?

I heard it has.

I am thinking of going running on it? Would that be ok? Should I ask the club if I could use it?

Any advise would be appreciated, don't want to step on anyones toes.

Does anyone know the time the club trains casue I don't want to be up puffing around the pitch half dying for all to see???? lol

Tks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Clubs would be at the end of the Mayo League and GAA seasons now, there would be a few Connaught Cups games and that.

There is a track and from when we played there it was open to all, it was a rough track, hardcore stone but seemed spot on.

Not sure about lighting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

Yop
    Thanks for filling me in.

I think I will give it a shot and see how I get on

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

There are floodlights but id say they are only on when official club events are on. Ask in Days shop in the Village about training times etc, moved to the area a while ago and they seem to know everything in there.

Thanks Samhain,

I am not worried about the lights....will not attempt to run in the dark....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

There is a track and its not hardcore stone, its quarry dust and its as hard as the road. It should be quite suitable for running. The track is lit up to about 11 at night. Please do not run on the pitch from this time of year on as obviously it affects the surface.

The pitch, track, astroturf and outdoor adult gym is not owned by the Blue Bombers though they do use it as their home ground, its owned and operated by the local Ballyvary Keelogues Development Company, a totally voluntary organisation.

Perhaps, if you enjoy the use of the facilities there, you might consider making a small donation to the company. It will be very much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Avns1s
    Thanks for taking the time to respond to my query.....You have answered all my questions, thanks!

All I have to do now is get off the couch!!...............lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

Zxc01 wrote: »
    Avns1s
    Thanks for taking the time to respond to my query.....You have answered all my questions, thanks!

Manulla Soccer Club also have a track around their pitch if its close to you.

HarryPotter41

Manulla....I dont know where the pitch is unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Avns1s

No bother. Have fun and let us know how you get on. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

HarryPotter41

Manulla....I dont know where the pitch is unfortunately

The Manulla pitch can be reached if I remember correctly by continuing on back the road that passes by the Ballyvary pitches towards the n60 Castlebar/Claremorris Road. There should be a signpost down a side road for the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

There is a running track around the soccer pitch at the back of GMIT and access is no issue to my knowledge.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Connacht wrote: »
    There is a running track around the soccer pitch at the back of GMIT and access is no issue to my knowledge.

Ya still open that place, they have though brought in permit only parking there for the college, I think its only up to 6pm.

The track there is spot on, the lighting isn't the best but I am there and have been going there once or twice per week for the last few years and its spot on.

Always someone using it

Advertisement