Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for 2 yr old birthday

Options
  • 12-10-2010 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Our house is too small for a kiddie party so looking for ideas for
    an upcoming girls 2 yr old party in the Swords, Dublin area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

for our 2 yr old ds we did not have a 'party' I think too young, so we had grannies, aunties, cake etc and while he was having his nap around mid day we filled the living room of our tiny house with balloons and pressies and he just loved it. The vid is brill!
    I did think we could have had a child or 2 there, but I think at 2 they are too young for more then that.
    DD is 2 next month, and I am planning a tea party for a few friends, the ones she sees each week and it will be like a normal afternoon get-together, like we had all summer, but with cake a pressies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

What about the Wright Venue, they'll take anyone :D Seriously though I agree with Lynski about a small gathering for a 2 year old. I might ask 2 or 3 children at the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I had a party for my 1 year old last year, but had it in my mothers house because mine was too small, I think this time I'll just have a little tea party, she didn't understand what was going on... that or I'll just take her, her cousins (only two young enough) and her little friends (2 or 3) to a play centre for an hour then do cake back at my house myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

I brought my daughter 25 Months on her own to www.fungalaxy.ie last weekand she had a ball . Plenty for her to do and I had to drag her out at the end of 2 hours !! Seemed to be a lot of Birthday parties etc... happening while I was there . Was quiet in the morning (Sat) till about 12.30 , then it got a bit mental.
    Oh and for her birthday , we just had family over to the house , only kids there were her 2 cousins .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

If you have the space a party in the house is grand, she will have access to her own stuff and bumps, nappies, strops can be handled with ease.
    Do the princess / fairy thing and make it a fancy dress party let the girls rampage while the adults relax amid the mayhem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

2 year olds have no idea what a party is really. They can get tired very easily, and over-awed, so you can end up with an irritable, cranky child on your hands!

If you have the room, it's nice to just have over the close relatives, and a couple of little friends/cousins. Buffet meal; finger foods etc, with a cake of whatever the child is into, eg; Peppa pig. You could make your own, or all the popular themes are available in most supermarkets. Maybe some paper plates etc (saves on the washing up after too!) with the same favourite theme on. A few balloons to bat around, and bubbles are good too. She will have her presents and loads of attention and will be at home so if there are any tiredness meltdowns, it's alot easier to deal with than in a softplay/ball place.There will be plenty of parties ahead for all those places!

Hope this helps!

Advertisement