Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What scope?

Options
  • 12-10-2010 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Ive got a .22 rimfire and am looking at changing my scope
    What do people recommend?
    Is 3-10x44 enough or would i need to go higher?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

That would depend on what you use the rifle for. I have a 4x12x44 on mine and it is grand for pest control but not great for target as the recticle covers all the bull. If you go for higher magnifications you are loosing out on field of view which makes target aquisition harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

Ive got a .22 rimfire and am looking at changing my scope
    What do people recommend?
    Is 3-10x44 enough or would i need to go higher?
    Thanks
    i think all would depend on brand (of scope):) and what you want it for

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

From a previous post and a good starting point:
    Tasco, Hawke, Swift, Bushnell Banner, and Weaver. These are all decent makes and plenty good enough for a .22lr for hunting. They would be €250 at most for the expensive model, but as its going on a .22lr and there is no recoil to speak of i wouldn't go huge money on a scope.

Now if you have plenty of money i would stick with the higher end scopes including some of the models listed above. Such as Leupold, Bushnel Elite, Burris Black Diamond, etc.

Its really a choice of what your budget is and what you prefer

Some sites to check out;

Sports Man Gun Centre - Dorset (UK) - (Personally recommend them)

GMK - Hampshire (UK)

McCloys - Antrim

Duffy's - Galway

Survival Ireland - Mayo

iSports - Dundalk (i think)

best4 optics - Lancashire (UK)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Lads I tried to get a scope from sportsmanguncentre there, and needed an export permit, it was going to take a couple of weeks so i didn't bother.

Seems the UK is gone the same as the states

Advertisement