Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Download of "insert app name here" unsuccessful

• 12-10-2010 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been having a problem since about 6pm yesterday where any app i try to download from the Android Market, seems to fail, I'm using an x10. I googled the problem and;

What i've tried so far:

Clear Cache in Android market
    Clear Cache in Download manager

Turned on Gtalk,
    cleared cache in gtalk

turned off wifi
    turned back on wifi

tried to manually sync with googlesync

I had unknown sources option ticked, changed this but made no difference.

Rebooted a number of times, toggled between airplane mode and sim.

I've 273mb of storage on the phone and 6.52gb on the sd card.

Is anyone else having this issue. none of the above worked has worked for me. Getting a bit annoyed by this issue now, also a little ticked off that the issue seems to be one popping up for a number of months now with no definitive answer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Some of those things work sometimes, but the most reliable way of doing it typically seems to be waiting for a day and trying again. It can be very frustrating, but just seems to crop up randomly on occasion, and you can't do anything about it

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

One of my customers had a similar issue. The only way I managed to get it working was by backing everything up to memory card, wiping the whole phone through settings menu, and then restoring everything back to the card. Risky operation but it paid off nicely in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pawrick

I had the same problem with the same phone since yesterday but this seemed to have fixed it.

Go to Manage applications
    find Market and clear all the cache and updates to market

market is working fine now for me again and noting stuck in the loading screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

pawrick wrote: »
    I had the same problem with the same phone since yesterday but this seemed to have fixed it.

Go to Manage applications
    find Market and clear all the cache and updates to market

market is working fine now for me again and noting stuck in the loading screen

You absolute legend, I uninstalled the market updates and hey presto, it works again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Factory reset is the only way in most cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Factory reset is the only way in most cases

No it isn't. Don't be giving completely useless and possibly harmful information.

Pawrick is correct, when applications are hanging in the market like that you simply force stop in 'Manage Applications' - clear data and cache and you'll be good as gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

Dave147 wrote: »
    No it isn't. Don't be giving completely useless and possibly harmful information.

Pawrick is correct, when applications are hanging in the market like that you simply force stop in 'Manage Applications' - clear data and cache and you'll be good as gold.

had to do a little bit more than that, it was an uninstall of the most recent update on the android market that did the trick.

Dave147 wrote: »

BS

I am right.

BS

I am right.
    Lol. You wanted the OP to do a factory reset and wipe all his data (which is a royal pain in the ass), when all he needed to do was uninstall a market update, which took 30 seconds. Factory reset is almost never needed to fix a "download unsuccessful" error

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    Lol. You wanted the OP to do a factory reset and wipe all his data (which is a royal pain in the ass), when all he needed to do was uninstall a market update, which took 30 seconds. Factory reset is almost never needed to fix a "download unsuccessful" error
    In alot of cases factory reset is the only way. This is fact, do your research. Try other methods first but alot of people have to factory reset.

So, lol at you.

• Advertisement

In alot of cases factory reset is the only way. This is fact, do your research. Try other methods first but alot of people have to factory reset.

So, lol at you.
    No, just no. There might be a handful of situations where a factory reset is required. 90% of them can be fixed by trying the (much easier) suggestions in this thread. In your original post, you wanted the OP to just go ahead and do a completely unnecessary reset

Advertisement