Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Crowe (Mayor) - More Wastage !!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Because Galway is tiny and inconsequential but people like Crowe think they deserve chauffeurs, while American politicians can at least sometimes make the right choice. If he wants to be driven around by someone let him use a taxi, otherwise public transport, bike, or foot power are good enough for him.

a taxi would be cheaper, but would it be fair to afflict the guy on a regular basis with a taxi driver and the bull**** they spew?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Fuinseog wrote: »
    a taxi would be cheaper, but would it be fair to afflict the guy on a regular basis with a taxi driver and the bull**** they spew?

I think he could match them! They'll be whinging about deregulation and he'll be rabbiting on about nuisance trees that he hates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

why do people always compare Irish politicans with american ones?
    zou use the subway in New York, becuase it is more pratical than public transport. it wont work in ireland. least of all Galway. mabe the mazor should ride a bus and get hassled by his begrudgers.
    he may also have more thna one engagement in teh night and need to make them on time

Oh my !!! More than one engagement in a night !....maybe get two taxis and not charge the tax payer 2-300 squid a day ...grrrrrrrrrrr Galway is tiny ! all the Mayors journeys can be covered in a max 20 euro taxi fare...or god forbid he might have to drive to work himself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

zou use the subway in New York, becuase it is more pratical than public transport.

What are you on about? the subway is public transport or do you reckon the mayor has his own private subway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

he could also ditch the suit and wear a tacksuit and trainers,

Better a tacksuit than a tacky suit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

mike kelly wrote: »
    so you'll be voting for Mike next time out?

Don't know where you got that from.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There's a profile of Crowe in today's Advertiser on Page 40.
    I'm interested in the photo though, where is it taken? (the photo is clearer in the paper edition) I was thinking it might be on Bohermore behind the Sean Mulvoy Business Park as that is where his offices are, or in Woodquay/Bridgets Terrace, but I don't know

38667.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Up There looking at the backs of the Beattystown Houses perhaps ??

• Registered Users Posts: 40 liabhroidi

Back of Taaffes in Shop Street. Used before in one of his anti-crustie rants against people who objected to Taaffes 'Im sick of crusties' columns. Looks bright, doesn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

snubbleste wrote: »
    Cllr. Connolly is always on her bike, cycling forth from City Hall, her workplace and home. It's great to see and she sets a great example for others (especially kids) to follow.

She's an appalling example for kids; she cycles through red traffic lights without any lighting or reflective vest, cycles the wrong way down one way streets, refuses to take responsibility for her actions, and doesn't seem capable of giving a straight answer about anything.

This all comes from direct contact with the woman, and witnessing her cause a near accident at the fire station during the winter. She was emailed by myself about that, and failed to respond. When asked about it during the recent election she couldn't explain why she fils to obey any rules of the road.

If she becomes a role model for your child, expect your child health to be seriously endangered.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement