Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neurofeedback equipment for stress related illness

Options
  • 12-10-2010 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in knowing if anyone is aware of neurofeedback equipment for stress analysis.

What I have in mind is something that would give, say, a high pitched sound when a high level of brain activity is present, reducing to a low frequency sound in a more relaxed state.

Aural feedback would be the ideal. However, on screen feedback might also be acceptable - as long as it didn't make matters worse! (I suffer from migraines and have to watch how much time I spend in front of computers)

I vaguely recall seeing such a battery operated, portable device years ago. But, I can't find one anywhere.

I guess my ideal would be a device I could use with a pair of earphones and teach myself to relax by lowering the frequency of the feedback tone.

I do transcendental meditation and I find it excellent. But, I would like to ally it to a more scientific and proactive approach.

Any feedback (pun intended) appreciated!

Thanks.

D.

Ps. Moderator, I'm assuming that migraine qualifies as long term illness. If not, please move post to appropriate forum.

Advertisement