Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - best Morricone soundtrack?

Options
  • 12-10-2010 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I've been listening to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly recently and it's really amazing, definitely the best from Morricone that I've heard. I've watched a fair few Morricone scored movies, but only sat down and listened to a few of his soundtracks, La Calliffa, Cinema Paradiso and the Mission spring to mind. Much as I like those, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly has more varied orchestration, going from ambient to lush, including great use of electric guitars, and overall isn't in any way cloying or maudlin. The vocals are apocalyptic and the tunes are maybe his most memorable. As an album in itself it's a classic.

According to Mojo, Vergogna Schifosi (1969) is the best Morricone soundtrack (http://rateyourmusic.com/lists/list_view?list_id=5399&show=50&start=0). Has anyone heard this? It's a bit weird that they have the best Morricone is all the way down at No. 31. They have Once Upon A Time In The West next at 38.

Also, just a suggestion, would it be a good idea to have a soundtracks sticky in the classical section? That's where they're lumped in Tower Records, acting as a buffer to the jazz section. Possibly there mightn't be enough interest in them as such.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Brilliant soundtrack alright, but I prefer The Mission. That music at the end just gets me:o

Advertisement