Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor

Options
  • 12-10-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone bought this as it is out already. Is it good? Is it worth to buy? Cant really decide which one to get cod:black ops or this one.
    Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm getting it. Will keep me going until Black Ops comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭liverpo

Have to admit the Tier 1 edition MoH Frontline getting included with the new MoH game is tempting.

I thought Frontline was one of the best in the MoH series on PS2, now with the HD overhaul this could be fun on the PS3 - I'd expect it to be superior than CoD Classic which was available on the special edition MW2's.

As for the new game itself, I've heard mixed reviews, a lot of online gameplay but 2 possible Plats in one box always perks my attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Eurogamer are getting real sloppy with their reviews. That reads like they hated it with nothing really good to say but somehow slapped an 8/10 on it. I don't trust them anyway since the Mafia 2 review but we'll wait and see what other scores come out. This willl be worth a purchase anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

DarkJager wrote: »
    Eurogamer are getting real sloppy with their reviews. That reads like they hated it with nothing really good to say but somehow slapped an 8/10 on it. I don't trust them anyway since the Mafia 2 review but we'll wait and see what other scores come out. This willl be worth a purchase anyway.
    Possibly an "Exclusive"with a guaranteed high marking review " it's not uncommon with games industry mags these days?

Possibly an "Exclusive"with a guaranteed high marking review " it's not uncommon with games industry mags these days?

They seem to be the first with the review alright, although they never struck me as a crowd which could have their scores bought. Most of the time it reads like the reviewer only played the first level, or doesn't even have an interest in the genre he's reviewing. The MOH review reads bizzarely, picking holes in the game before suddenly coming out with an 8/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You could say similar about their Castlevania review too, it read like a 9/10 review but again got 8/10
    As much as I love to start reading a review then skip to the score before I even finish the first paragraph, I just don't feel like I should be doing that with EG any more...

tman wrote: »
    You could say similar about their Castlevania review too, it read like a 9/10 review but again got 8/10
    As much as I love to start reading a review then skip to the score before I even finish the first paragraph, I just don't feel like I should be doing that with EG any more...

I read the whole review before checking the score, but with this one it was like "this is going to be bad". He started picking holes in it from the first few paragraphs and only really skimmed over the SP aspect of it, so I was pretty surprised to see an 8/10 considering his article read like he didn't enjoy it a bit. Its getting harder to tell from their reviews if the score is justified.

P.S: Was there not an embargo until 2pm today on reviews of this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive given up on eurogamer reviews a long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wait, this is out now?

It got an 80 on the Oz version of PS mag and an 87 on the German web site www.gamers.at

Not out here till Friday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll wait and see what Gametrailers give it, although at 4 hours for the single player, i highly doubt i'll get it.

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll wait and see what Gametrailers give it, although at 4 hours for the single player, i highly doubt i'll get it.

:eek: Did i miss something where did it say only 4 hours for the single player? Thats shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

It is out today all over Europe, so it should be out here too.
    I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOH had a huge section set out for it at the Eurogamer Expo, so it's not too surprising that it was given a high grade, especially if Eurogamer are planning on showing other EA stuff at future Expos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Kiith wrote: »

Tbh it's the multiplayer that will be the main reason to buy MOH. The fact that DICE worked on the multiplayer is the main reason i'll buy it anyway.

I wish someone would concentrate solely on the single player for once, this constant multiplayer overkill is getting boring. Just read there some people have finished MOH on Hard in 3.5 hours. That's taken it off my purchase list for sure. Rental perhaps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No its out today the u.s and friday for europe I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll take a wander into Xtravision after work anyway and see what the sceal is. Doubt it but it'd be a nice surprise if it were out.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

online retailers such as play.com are selling it now

Mine is currently in the post, should get it tomorrow.

Review up on kotaku now http://kotaku.com/5659329/review-medal-of-honor
    I was surprised to find just how quickly I made my way through the game's campaign, wrapping it up in a tidy five hours or so. But in retrospect I realized that there wasn't a scene I would cut, a level that annoyed me, or any backtracking to speak of. This is a fat-free experience. It's pure engagement packed with spikes of cleverly crafted crescendos.

I wish someone would concentrate solely on the single player for once, this constant multiplayer overkill is getting boring. Just read there some people have finished MOH on Hard in 3.5 hours. That's taken it off my purchase list for sure. Rental perhaps.

I don't think there is a market for a FPS military shooter without multiplayer.
    I get what you're saying though but the 2 CoD Modern Warfare we're light on SP too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its out the 15th here.

Single player game is about 6 hours long but awesome. Font lines makes it worth the money. Online is a cross between MW2 and battle field.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

tman wrote: »

A review read like it was ONE POINT off the actual score? That doesn't seem like reason to complain, at all. :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Live stream running if anyones interested, he is playing single player now but was playing multiplayer earlier.

http://www.justin.tv/absolutetulosba#/w/459960896/4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

twinsen wrote: »
    It is out today all over Europe, so it should be out here too.
    I think.

Nope, it's definitely not out until Friday.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Live stream running if anyones interested, he is playing single player now but was playing multiplayer earlier.

http://www.justin.tv/absolutetulosba#/w/459960896/4

Phew, i tuned in as the credits rolled. Missed out on any potential spoilers.

Advertisement