Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I too will through my two cents in.

Loving the MP Team assault but could def use another few maps as they are starting to wear a bit. I'd love to see the airfield map from the combat missions on Team assault. Speaking of the Combat missions, Damn i die a lot so am generally sticking to TA. I can see myself playing this for a good while yet so much so that i prob won't pick up COD just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

weiland79 wrote: »
    I too will through my two cents in.

Loving the MP Team assault but could def use another few maps as they are starting to wear a bit. I'd love to see the airfield map from the combat missions on Team assault. Speaking of the Combat missions, Damn i die a lot so am generally sticking to TA. I can see myself playing this for a good while yet so much so that i prob won't pick up COD just yet.
    I love combat missions. Handy tip for those that like high scores Once you get the first perk don't use it straight away, kill two enemies(75pts) hit the right, straight to rocket strike, kill 2more hit right straight to the next perk. I generally only call in the last two perks as offensive. Also don't use yer cruise missile till you die, respawn call it in easy 300+ points and perks all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

tman wrote: »
    Rented this and couldn't be arsed playing past the first mission... Even for a rental I felt ripped off!

Rented it today, SP is ok. I can't see yself getting into MP that much, It's definitely just a rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Snipers of honor TBH

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Snipers of honor TBH

Indeed but they are changing in the upcoming patch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

winston82 wrote: »
    Rented it today, SP is ok. I can't see yself getting into MP that much, It's definitely just a rental.
    Snipers of honor TBH

I take it back - it's a horrible game. It's not even a rental. MultiPlayer IS A JOKE. I love shooters but this is one of the worst. Brought it back 3 days early. There are already about 7 second-hand copies in my local xtra-vision. :mad:

There are already about 7 second-hand copies in my local xtra-vision.
    Obviously console versions, a high percentage of console gamers will hate an fps game that doesnt allow them run and gun around the place like a maniac.
    Most certainly will not like an fps that requires some thought.
    Run around mindlessly in moh and its bye bye.
    The game is far from perfect but once they address the weapon power/accuracy and spawns there will be very little wrong with it.
    My son has it for 360 and its hilarious watching the fools run about like they are playing mw2 only to get 10 feet before dying :D
    In fairness the patch cant come quick enough because the ease at which folks die is causing it to be a campfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brendan0576

Is anyone having a problem playing online at the moment. Im suffering from a serious lag

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

[/B]

ROIIIIIISHE THERES YOURE PROBLEM BUDDY

whats the problem? mw2 is a sh1te arcade style shooter.

tried mp on moh again today and my god its piss poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Still on single player campaign. Haven't tried MP or Tier one.
    Whats the differences?

Have encountered a few glitches, screen tearing, multi colour pixels in places.
    Also got stuck a few times and once cleared an area only for Dusty to remain crouched and wouldn't move, had to restart the last checkpoint.

Apart from that its pretty enjoyable and very similar to Call of Duty.

Whats the deal with the EA activation code?
    It says it is for online content like maps etc. What happens when you trade it in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭liverpo

eddhorse wrote: »
    Still on single player campaign. Haven't tried MP or Tier one.
    Whats the differences?

Whats the deal with the EA activation code?
    It says it is for online content like maps etc. What happens when you trade it in?
    Yeah Tier one is tough, not sure what setting your playing on in SP but T1 is a step up from Hard mode, plus there's no checkpoints and you have to beat the chapter in a certain amount of time, so if you die its a restart add that to the increased difficulty and speed you need to earn and its a good tester.

MP is a bit mad but once you get used to it, its actually ok.
    EA has brought in this activation code, they've done it on a number of games, primarily its to make money on 2nd hand games, you go online activate your code first time round, that's fine, if you buy 2nd hand you'd have to buy a code from the store to be able to play online.

liverpo wrote: »
    Yeah Tier one is tough, not sure what setting your playing on in SP but T1 is a step up from Hard mode, plus there's no checkpoints and you have to beat the chapter in a certain amount of time, so if you die its a restart add that to the increased difficulty and speed you need to earn and its a good tester.

MP is a bit mad but once you get used to it, its actually ok.
    EA has brought in this activation code, they've done it on a number of games, primarily its to make money on 2nd hand games, you go online activate your code first time round, that's fine, if you buy 2nd hand you'd have to buy a code from the store to be able to play online.

Playing it on medium and its pretty easy still, will go to hard maybe and then tier one ! Does sound like a good tester....
    Not sure if i approve of the activation code. Rental and pre owned are screwed so, bye bye XV !
    Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Finally got round to giving this a decent go last night - Singleplayer is decent. Nothing special, but a nice sense of realism to it all. The chatter between characters is quite well done. Tis a bit easy so far (on Hard) but I'm just before the Belly of the Beast level so that might all change soon enough :D

Multiplayer I have v mixed feelings about. Team Deathmatch was ruined with spawn campers and snipers having far too much range from their perches. It's far too similar to CoD in this regard with the lack of killcam and the limited customization options spoiling the experience. Objective Raid on the other hand is quite brilliant, repelling enemy waves and then assaulting the bases suits the map style and prevents spawn camping of any kind. In general the maps for this mode are a bit bigger than CoD's so they feel fresh and vehicles are nicely balanced too, never dominating to the extent they do in Battlefield. I'll be coming back to it for this mode, but the game could have done with a few more modes out of the box rather than as DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

I proclaim this game dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Multiplayer I have v mixed feelings about. Team Deathmatch was ruined with spawn campers and snipers having far too much range from their perches. It's far too similar to CoD in this regard with the lack of killcam and the limited customization options spoiling the experience. Objective Raid on the other hand is quite brilliant, repelling enemy waves and then assaulting the bases suits the map style and prevents spawn camping of any kind. In general the maps for this mode are a bit bigger than CoD's so they feel fresh and vehicles are nicely balanced too, never dominating to the extent they do in Battlefield. I'll be coming back to it for this mode, but the game could have done with a few more modes out of the box rather than as DLC.

I agree about the Team Deathmatch and the limited customisation. However, I'm glad there's no killcam as that kind of spoiled MW2 for me. The other game modes are great fun though, Combat Mission in particular is my favourite. Much less sniper heavy and a lot of action to get your teeth into.

Got spawned in a weird place after i died , half way up a mountain surrounded by taliban on Belly of the Beast. Couldn't move and dies numerous times.

Another instance of failing to be able change weapons with Dusty, needed sniper rifle and it wouldnt change !!! Grrr another load last checkpoint scenario !

Getting a bit cheesed off with glitches ! :mad:

John wrote: »
    However, I'm glad there's no killcam as that kind of spoiled MW2 for me.

It doesn't have to be a killcam, even the way they do it in Battlefield where you just see your killer after you die would be enough. But that's only to counter the spawn-camping which is probably down to the poor map design more than anything else.

It doesn't have to be a killcam, even the way they do it in Battlefield where you just see your killer after you die would be enough. But that's only to counter the spawn-camping which is probably down to the poor map design more than anything else.

Killcams leave you wanting revenge though rather than doing the team thing.
    Prefer to be able get off the spawnage area though !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

rented this out for a laugh, does Tier 1 hike the AI difficulty up cos frankly its an insult to the taliban n the only reason i can fathom the use of the name was such a contention point. hard my arse :mad: some enjoyable moments but sh*tty little rushed cash-in off the back of a COD. there's about a weeks worth of multiplayer too unless it only really begins for you once you know every square centimeter of the maps.. but thats where it ends for me regardless. such a rental

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Star Bingo wrote: »
    rented this out for a laugh, does Tier 1 hike the AI difficulty up cos frankly its an insult to the taliban n the only reason i can fathom the use of the name was such a contention point. hard my arse :mad: some enjoyable moments but sh*tty little rushed cash-in off the back of a COD. there's about a weeks worth of multiplayer too unless it only really begins for you once you know every square centimeter of the maps.. but thats where it ends for me regardless. such a rental

Oddly thats what made MOHAA such a great game, you knew the maps you knew the rush points, you defended them or attacked them cleverly, you that when you died you were out until the next round.

Jazzing that up to people who dont really want to die and dont really want to know the map is what ruined both COD and MOH at the same time.

These games used to require some skill and an attention span, sadly console versions have killed that.

• Advertisement

I must say MOH is vastly under rated atleast the pc version is.
    While im enjoying black ops to a point i keep going back to MOH.
    Its just so much more realistic,sounds are vastly superior and graphics also are better looking. im talking about the PC version here, what i saw of the console version was fugly.
    The latest patch has done wonders for the game, all its missing is a few more maps and more weapons everything else is pretty much what i want from a PC fps game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Dcully wrote: »
    Its just so much more realistic,sounds are vastly superior and graphics also are better looking. im talking about the PC version here, what i saw of the console version was fugly.
    The latest patch has done wonders for the game, all its missing is a few more maps and more weapons everything else is pretty much what i want from a PC fps game.

I have to agree with that although im on console (PS3) it is still far superior to Black Ops.

I prefer the scoring system to get kill streaks rather than just kills you collect points from doing team objectives. Means people actually try to do team work rather than just get their own kills.

Ive found COD has way more problems and glitches in the single player mode which is garbage anyway. The online is better but in the last week ive had 1 full game without getting disconnected. Online is shockingly bad.

I have to agree with that although im on console (PS3) it is still far superior to Black Ops.

I prefer the scoring system to get kill streaks rather than just kills you collect points from doing team objectives. Means people actually try to do team work rather than just get their own kills.

Ive found COD has way more problems and glitches in the single player mode which is garbage anyway. The online is better but in the last week ive had 1 full game without getting disconnected. Online is shockingly bad.

CoD should have come with a sticker on the cover saying "Change game search mode to Locale Only to access multiplayer" as it's unplayable online otherwise. I had same problems as yourself in that regard.

Rather than saying which one is better, it's quite nice that both games are distinctly different. CoD is OTT and has a crazy storyline with the focus on the individual rather than teamplay and MoH a relatively realistic storyline with the focus on your team in single and multi.

Thats a great point and totally true.

Re: console version, i only saw it gamestop as someone was playing it so it could be down to a poor display.
    Also i heard guys saying they had it on console and mp sucked because they said they could barely see the enemy, here again this could very well be their display more so than the game.
    So many people wrote off MOH on the strength of the beta, personally i think the game now is so much better than the beta.
    After playing some BO and then to play some MOH the difference in realism is huge.
    I enjoy both but i just love the way you cant run and gun in MOH and you have to be clever and aware of whats going on around you.
    Yes both are set in a modern theater of war but both are very different and worthy of playtime in their own right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Still no patch out to fix this god dam spawn sh*t they have on the game and think by going us clean sweep for free is going to make things better with only 42 players playing it I dont think so and 6285 players online to 18500 players on cod

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Im about half way through the story mode for the second time on thhe hardest level, all the glitches have been patched so it plays really well now. Such a good game really enjoyable and realistic fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Dcully wrote: »

Have to agree with this. Im really enjoying MOH (the SP, anyway).
    Black ops is fun in a james bond kind of way, and i love the vietnam setting (havent had a good nam game since BF:V), but if you compare the two as war films, Blackops would be Tropic Thunder, MOH would be Generation Kill. Its 'boots int he mud, grunts eye view' is refreshing change of apce form COD's 'avert a nuclear war every 2 minutes' OTT story.

And the pc version is just gorgeous at times. Recorded this myself over the weekend:

Looks alot better than my PS3 alright !

What sort of specs are you running on your PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

eddhorse wrote: »
    Looks alot better than my PS3 alright !

What sort of specs are you running on your PC?

Mines actually a couple of years old, so nowhere near the high end anymore, but thanks to this generation of consoles lasting so long, it can easily handle all multiplat games maxed out at 1680x1050 res :D

Core 4 quad Q6600
    ATI HD4870
    12GB ram
    1TB samsung F1

• Advertisement

My spec is almost identical and im running 1920X1080 max settings, AA and AF on full etc.
    Multiplayer framerate is 50-90 fps,havent played single player yet.
    So many single players i need to finish, mass effect2,dragon age,BC2,MOH,black ops,AVP.

Those HD 4870s are a cracking little card.

Advertisement