Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

ign review tells me the game is utter kack,. Ive never liked MoH but the latest one was getting COD comparisons. fail for MoH.

edited score out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It does look pretty sweet in that little screen with some one good playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Spoilers over the review scores please, was just about to read the IGN review but it's ruined now :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

5 hours for single player. FFS. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

That_Guy wrote: »
    5 hours for single player. FFS. :mad::mad:

Its the same length as the last 3 in the CoD series. And Bad Company 2 was that length if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll wait and see what Gametrailers give it, although at 4 hours for the single player, i highly doubt i'll get it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-medal-of/705963

There ye go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Halfway into the review, its being slated :(:( .....

I understand it will be like COD/MOH/BC2 as its a modern day shooter etc, it will take a seriously special game to do something completely innovative to the point where its not compared to any of these.

8 /10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

doesn anybody know if ya get moh frontline with all copies off moh or you only get it if ya pre booked the limited edition .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Halfway into the review, its being slated :(:( .....

Kotakus review is a bit more positive - sounds like the reviewer enjoyed it and at least had a clue of what it was going to be. I get the feeling from Eurogamer and others that they expected some deep, insightful story about the war in Afghanistan after all the hype about the Taliban being in it etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just started playing this now, graphics are terrible on pc, its very dull, textures look like a game from 4-5 years ago, its a long way off COD standards. There are very few settings options. Gameplay is fine so far, its what I expected of the SP campaign, I'll give my full opinion in 4 hrs :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Graphics terrible on pc?
    They were easily as good as MW2 in the beta once you disabled bloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

Spoilers over the review scores please, was just about to read the IGN review but it's ruined now :'(

score edited out

Dcully wrote: »
    Graphics terrible on pc?
    They were easily as good as MW2 in the beta once you disabled bloom.

Console graphics, should look better on pc but it doesn't
    moh2010-10-1216-47-09-50.jpg
    moh2010-10-1216-47-26-18.jpg
    moh2010-10-1216-47-35-75.jpg
    moh2010-10-1216-47-48-38.jpg
    moh2010-10-1216-47-54-07.jpg
    moh2010-10-1216-59-37-38.jpg
    moh2010-10-1216-58-56-89.jpg
    moh2010-10-1217-00-12-18.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

6/10 IGN
    7/10 Edge
    7/10 Game Informer

Doesn't sound too great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Console graphics, should look better on pc but it doesn't

Looks quite alright to me?

Hard to judge by those screenies as they are probably low res.
    The gfx in the beta were a step up from BC2 ie the Frostbite engine.
    Change your FOV and turn of bloom is all i can suggest.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Looks quite alright to me?

Please don't quote a post full of pics, its not fair on low bandwith users, edit them out
    Dcully wrote: »
    Hard to judge by those screenies as they are probably low res.
    The gfx in the beta were a step up from BC2 ie the Frostbite engine.
    Change your FOV and turn of bloom is all i can suggest.

Pics are from the game fully maxed at 1920x1200, stretch them out to a 24inch screen and they look terrible. It doesn't get any better graphically, the next map is desert and the textures on the ground in Borderlands look better than it
    moh2010-10-1217-14-02-05.jpg
    moh2010-10-1217-14-14-76.jpg
    moh2010-10-1217-14-43-43.jpg
    moh2010-10-1217-16-03-65.jpg

Graphics are my main gripe, gameplay is very good, weapons are great and sound good, although the enemy AI are lame and predictable. I've no interest in the Mp so I'm enjoying the 4hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Bear in mind, Medal of Honour is using two different engines. The Single Player campaign is using the Unreal 3 Engine, where as Multi-player is DICE's Frostbite 1.5 Engine.

Liber8or wrote: »
    Bear in mind, Medal of Honour is using two different engines. The Single Player campaign is using the Unreal 3 Engine, where as Multi-player is DICE's Frostbite 1.5 Engine.

That would explain the Borderlands like textures

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Graphics are poor, no doubt about it. Modern Warfare 1 was a far superior looking game, much crisper and more detailed textures. It's actually sad how run of the mill the SP is. Everything I have played so far has already been done, and better. The lack of innovation is disheartening.

AI is a huge issue. Dumb is not the word. You can walk out from cover and stand beside a guy without him even noticing. Hit radius is all off too. On occasion I took a guy out with a pistol shot to the foot, but moments later 4 shots to the chest with a sniper rifle merely knocked the guy on his ass.

• Advertisement

Liber8or wrote: »

Thats most likely the reason PogMoThoin is seeing poor visuals.
    Gonzo have you played the MP beta?
    Seriously guys the graphics ive seen in the beta are far from poor, they are a step up from BC2 as dice have stated and imo BC2 looks a better than MW2 on pc atleast.
    I do notice on my sons 360 that MW2 looks better than BC2 - totally the opposite of PC but i put that down to the larger maps of BC2 and the inevitable limitations of consoles.

AS for SP, i couldnt give a toss personally and judging by the posts on the official forums most want this game for its MP just like BC2, i rarely play SP fps games, ive yet to finish most of them and doubt ill bother.
    Every single player fps ive played has been a let down after HL2.
    Developers are just ooo lazy and focus on MP side of things mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ign review- ouch, wont be getting this after all,will get Castlevania instead, roll on Black Ops!

More screenshots if anyone is interested.

5075240263_61583039d4_b.jpg

5075837556_c2d9634393_b.jpg

I played the first beta for a few hours alright, barely touched the 2nd one. I didn't notice anything special about the graphics, but I certainly find anything wrong with them either. It was more the lack of originality that put me off the MP. And I think that is what will ultimately kill off any long term support for this game. Just look at the state BC2 is in, it doesn't bode well for this.

I believe people will play this plenty until Black Ops comes out and then there will be a huge drop off.

I agree about lack of originality but the latest beta had two different maps from the older beta and they both looked a lot better imo.
    Ill probably dump it after BO arrives but in all honesty i really enjoyed the beta, i liked the way it was not overlay flashy with its pop up text and digits etc when you killed someone or got a killstreak.
    The sounds are light years ahead of pretty much any fps out there, my only real complaint was it was a tad too easy to kill/die.
    Overall it felt good to play, nothing revolutionary but fun all the same.

I know not strictly on topic, but if you want to hear sounds check this out....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

yeah it don't look good. Edge gave it a 7, which is ok but
    In its campaign mode, MOH is almost a paean to the decency of US military personnel - even if it pointedly saves its admiration for the troops on the ground rather than those commanding the forces from afar. In fact, it is so keen to exonerate the soldiers themselves, who all operate with the utmost virtue, that it comes across with the forceful naivety of propaganda. This is not the sort of war in which US air support blithely shreds civilian vehicles or in which US troops keep as mementos body parts of murdered Afghans. And by focusing on an early part of the conflict, this is not the sort of war in which enemies shelter beneath civilians or use IEDs to pick away at the numbers and sanity of a beleaguered occupying force. This is not, in other words, really the sort of war being currently fought.

they lost me there, isn't that the way of essentially all (US) military shooters? whilst you play as the 'good' guys so the need to mention it here strikes me. had lofty ambitions of campaign missions as Taliban when the game was announced, well that was never likely but clearly something went horribly wrong

Gonzo's right, no games live up to the realism of the sounds, effects and weapons of Arma2. Its just so far ahead, years ahead in fact. I feel so let down by most mainstream modern games, they just put no effort in, discourage any sort of community or modding and completely over-hype their games for a quick buck with no support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

What's the point of this?

It's the exact same as modern warfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    What's the point of this?

It's the exact same as modern warfare.

$$$$$$$

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

grizzly wrote: »
    $$$$$$$

You can understand Modern Warfare 2 as a money spinner, but for a different company to come along and make the exact same game makes no sense.

Advertisement