Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    You can understand Modern Warfare 2 as a money spinner, but for a different company to come along and make the exact same game makes no sense.

It the same setting, theme etc but both games feel very different to play.
    No silly perks for example,no jumping 20 feet to stab someone,no dual smg,pistols,shotguns.

Dedicated servers included unlike MW2 - that in itself makes them totally different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

You can understand Modern Warfare 2 as a money spinner, but for a different company to come along and make the exact same game makes no sense.

You could say the same about any of EA's annual sports titles - basically the same thing every year with a few tweaks here and there. The point is, who cares what the setting is as long as the game is enjoyable to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I would say EA's dedicated servers are a hindrance rather than a bonus, every sports title that uses them (fifa, skate, fight night) have all had major problems while playing online.

ShaneU wrote: »
    I would say EA's dedicated servers are a hindrance rather than a bonus, every sports title that uses them (fifa, skate, fight night) have all had major problems while playing online.

How can you say dedicated serves are a hindrance to an fps game?
    Ive never seen or heard of any issue with dedicated servers for a Dice fps :confused:
    Since you mention FIFA ,again ive never had issues online with it on my 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

ShaneU wrote: »

You prefer the likes of IWNet and matchmaking on local hosts ? .....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's the point of this?

It's the exact same as modern warfare.

Which is what most people want.

I'm leaning towards letting this one slip. I'm a big Bad Company 2 fan and I know the multi-player is based on the same engine, but I've been reading that the enviroments are must smaller and condensed and more MW like.

Which is what most people want.

I'm leaning towards letting this one slip. I'm a big Bad Company 2 fan and I know the multi-player is based on the same engine, but I've been reading that the enviroments are must smaller and condensed and more MW like.

The snow map on the beta was far from small,it was linear however then another section of the map opened up once the objective was completed, very similar to rush from DC2.
    If you enjoy BC2 infantry you will enjoy MOH.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kinda conflicted as to whether to get this or not, if i could be sure of getting the tier 1 or LE versions later i might wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I can wait for Black ops, the differing review scores mean MOH isn't worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok word of warning boardsies, guy i know reviews games and gets em early and he has told me he has been playing this and reckons it is tripe..

i had asked him to get me a copy and he said dont waste your money even though i get serious reduction as the game is ****e..

along with thst see 6 outta 10 etc reviews???:eek:

could this be as bad as airborne?

i sold bf bc2 for this!!

oh the shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The multi player will have dedicated servers right ? (for ps3)

Tripe? Don't think so, is he a cod fanboy by any chance? A little short perhaps, but generally seems to be quite ok from what i've heard outside of reviews. One of my friends playing it at present is loving it, even as far as saying black ops might find it hard to match it. I think i.ll pick it up, finish it then trade in for fallout the following week. Seems like a fair plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Pretty dissapointing first impression, graphics are average on high settings, hit boxes still seem shoddy, got bored playing it after 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

i sold bf bc2 for this!!

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fnz wrote: »
    A review read like it was ONE POINT off the actual score? That doesn't seem like reason to complain, at all. :confused:

Erm, I was comparing two different games... One (this) which seemingly should have got 6 or 7 out of 10, then 'Vania which based on the review itself should have got 9.
    There might not be that much difference between an 8 and a 9, but there's a huge gap between a 6-7 and a 9!

I'll still be renting this one of course, and most likely popping it back in the post the morning after it arrives having completed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Yes it will. The same as Battlefield. The online mode has been made by the same guys(DICE).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You realise that this is exactly how Call of Duty was created originally?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kiith wrote: »
    You realise that this is exactly how Call of Duty was created originally?

It wasn't a different company. EA dropped 2015 after MoH:AA and they got signed to activision, changed their name to infinity ward and made Call of Duty. It was practically all the same people that made both games.

I hear you get a HD version of MoH: Frontline with this game if you pre-order or something. always thought the game was rubbish after playing the way better Allied Assault. Would like to see peoples reaction to the game when the rose tinted specs are off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just played about 5 minutes of the single player and switched it off...
    weapons are crap in it..no recoil..it actually feels like you're watching someone else shooting..
    Tried again after a few hours and played about 15 minutes and still crap.
    Didn't realise they were using 2 x differnent engines so might buy it for the multiplayer which I enjoyed..
    So far single player feels like a poor man's Modern Warfare 1 single player campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I hear you get a HD version of MoH: Frontline with this game if you pre-order or something. always thought the game was rubbish after playing the way better Allied Assault. Would like to see peoples reaction to the game when the rose tinted specs are off.

Ive not heard this, anyways, wasnt frontline for PS1 ? I take it its for PS3 users then ? :( ...nothing for us who preordered on Steam ?

• Advertisement

To all of you giving out about the game, have you played Multiplayer?
    I honestly hope your not basing your opinion on the game based on single player.
    Pretty much any review ive read are focusing on the single player ffs.
    One reviewer said he wont even try MP based on single player, what a tard tbh.
    Everyone and his dog knows this is a multiplayer game first and foremost, single player is simply tagged on at the end.
    I mean they didnt even bother to use the Frostbite engine in single player and apparently its a totally different team that worked on multiplayer - nuff said really.
    Anyone that played last weeks beta knows what to expect from the MP side of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Dcully wrote: »

No. Why would anyone want to play computer games against actual people?

No. Why would anyone want to play computer games against actual people?

Maybe because its a multiplayer game :rolleyes:

I honestly hope your not basing your opinion on the game based on single player.
    Pretty much any review ive read are focusing on the single player ffs.
    One reviewer said he wont even try MP based on single player, what a tard tbh.
    Everyone and his dog knows this is a multiplayer game first and foremost, single player is simply tagged on at the end.
    I mean they didnt even bother to use the Frostbite engine in single player and apparently its a totally different team that worked on multiplayer - nuff said really.
    Anyone that played last weeks beta knows what to expect from the MP side of the game.

MOH was never about mulitplayer - it was a single player game before everyone decided to start ignoring the actual gaming experience of their titles for fancy multiplayer modes. Not everyone wants multiplayer modes. I personally don't spend €50 on a game to get some after thought of a single player mode in favor of online bells and whistles. Its disapointing to say the least and its about time the developers started concentrating on the story and single player aspects a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Maybe because its a multiplayer game :rolleyes:

Well, it's actually a single player and multiplayer game. Just because you perceive it to be a multiplayer only game doesn't make it so.

Well, it's actually a single player and multiplayer game. Just because you perceive it to be a multiplayer only game doesn't make it so.

Well when Dice have a history for MP games and but their A team to work on the MP side of MOH its then a MP game to me just like BC2.

MOH was never about mulitplayer - it was a single player game before everyone decided to start ignoring the actual gaming experience of their titles for fancy multiplayer modes

The original MOH yes but not this game, they said from the outset they will be focusing heavily on MP
    Not everyone wants multiplayer modes. I personally don't spend €50 on a game to get some after thought of a single player mode in favor of online bells and whistles. Its disapointing to say the least and its about time the developers started concentrating on the story and single player aspects a lot more.

Agreed hence why i wont be playing single player, if i want a single player game ill stick to someone like Bioware or Valve, in all honestly were you people expecting a top end single player experience? i know i wasnt.
    As for 50 euro the game is 32 euro if you shop around, a bargain if i get a weeks / months of MP fun until BO arrives atleast.
    I havent played the game yet, i have played the beta last week and enjoyed it so i know ill enjoy the game online,just how much ill enjoy it or if it will have lasting appeal i really dont know.
    One things for sure i was never holding out for or expecting any form of decent single player game from Dice, what was BC2 SP like? i got bored of it after an hour and never returned to it but MP side of it ive enjoyed despite its flaws.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Ive not heard this, anyways, wasnt frontline for PS1 ? I take it its for PS3 users then ? :( ...nothing for us who preordered on Steam ?

PS2 game actually. It's only for the PS3 version. Eurogamer did an analysis of it and it looks like you aren't missing out. It was a bad game to start out with that's aged a lot worse and they screwed the conversion since it doesn't run in widescreen without the aspect ratio being wrong and only managed 480p with loads of screen tearing. Stick to allied assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

What to do, what to do,what to do?

I have this bought and payed for in my local gamestop. I don't know if i should just drop it and put the Money off black ops.

I enjoy multiplayer and will more than likely be playing it long after i finished the 4 hour single player campaign, but is it going to be worth the 50 yoyo's.

I suppose i could pick it up and trade it in next week for a smallish loss.

Am quite annoyed that I'm having to make this decision as i was sure the whole package was going to be solid, SP and Multi.

weiland79 wrote: »
    What to do, what to do,what to do?

I have this bought and payed for in my local gamestop. I don't know if i should just drop it and put the Money off black ops.

I enjoy multiplayer and will more than likely be playing it long after i finished the 4 hour single player campaign, but is it going to be worth the 50 yoyo's.

I suppose i could pick it up and trade it in next week for a smallish loss.

Am quite annoyed that I'm having to make this decision as i was sure the whole package was going to be solid, SP and Multi.

What format did you buy it on?
    Its 29.99 on G2play.net for PC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

What format did you buy it on?
    Its 29.99 on G2play.net for PC

Oh Sh!t he's inadvertantly stumbled into the PC forum........

If he's really really quite maybe console boy can escape with his life.
    But he will have to be quick because he's heard that these guy's are super fast with a keyboard and mouse.

Pew pew!!! Oh no It's too late for console boy, he's been rumbled by Sheriff DCULLY and with a press of his index finger Sheriff DCULLY makes brown bread of console boy.

THE END

( i bought it for the 360) Ruuuuuun awaaaaaay!!!!!

Advertisement