Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

just put it on now, i was expecting it to be really really bad, almost through the first mission and im loving it..

i was never a fan of battlefield, maybe i wont like online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Dcully wrote: »
    Im not saying this is as realistic as the fps titles i mentioned above , certainly the lack of recoil and bullet drop emphasizes this point but the fact that you simply have to thread carefully and at a slower pace to the likes of MW2 helps to make it feel like your playing something a lot more realistic than the usual fps offerings of late.

What system are you playing it on man? When I started it this morning on 360 I was prompted for an update. Not sure if this did something, but both weapon recoil and a small amount of noticeable bullet drop (with sniper rifles) are definitely present in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

just played it there for a bit very good game controls are the same as cod 4.2 so its easy to get stuck into it im enjoying it so far ave to wait and see how it is online

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

twinsen wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much it cost? Where is the cheapest place to get it?

€39.99 on Gamestop. I'm heading down to Tesco now to see how much it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

DarkJager wrote: »
    What system are you playing it on man? When I started it this morning on 360 I was prompted for an update. Not sure if this did something, but both weapon recoil and a small amount of noticeable bullet drop (with sniper rifles) are definitely present in it.

Playing on PC, i havent tried sniping yet so cant comment on bullet drop for sure in fairness,i didnt notice any in the beta.
    Recoil is there but its very little compared to BC2 or the games ive listed already.
    Im not seeing much difference in recoil compared to the beta, pc got an update yesterday but no mention of recoil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I paid 50 for it in gamestop :( - luckily i had a voucher.

Its a good game - nothing amazing and not terrible. Story mode is very repetitive except for the odd vehicle sequence. Multiplayer is great but a little to hard at times (or maybe im just crap) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Its 39.99 in Gamestop but it's an online offer only!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Its 39.99 in Gamestop but it's an online offer only!

and you get a free book.

Dcully wrote: »
    Playing on PC, i havent tried sniping yet so cant comment on bullet drop for sure in fairness,i didnt notice any in the beta.
    Recoil is there but its very little compared to BC2 or the games ive listed already.
    Im not seeing much difference in recoil compared to the beta, pc got an update yesterday but no mention of recoil.

Yeah there is defo some there with the sniper rifles, was playing mission 2 (aircraft graveyard) earlier and dropped a few guys a distance away with raised shots. Recoil feels just right, not too crazy and not too unrealistic either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Stuck in work here late! dying to fly home to xtra vision and get this!

• Advertisement

Limerick3 wrote: »
    getting bad reviews

That doesn't matter, this is one game you can ignore the reviews for and make your own mind up on. Too many people putting it down because they were expecting some life changing experience out of it. Personally, I think its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mrbig

I got it on the Xbox360 in xtravision for €55 euro.
    I have played two missions on the hardest level and it is boring sh1te.
    This is not even close to CODMW2 the graphics are poor the whole thing looks nasty. the AI is rubish the Taliban just sit there waiting to be shot its just awful. I may try it online and see if the second team got it any better but I cant see myself spending weeks online like I did with CODMW2 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

mrbig wrote: »
    I got it on the Xbox360 in xtravision for €55 euro.
    I have played two missions on the hardest level and it is boring sh1te.
    This is not even close to CODMW2 the graphics are poor the whole thing looks nasty. the AI is rubish the Taliban just sit there waiting to be shot its just awful. I may try it online and see if the second team got it any better but I cant see myself spending weeks online like I did with CODMW2 :(

Its been said countless times in this thread, single player uses a different engine than the multiplayer.
    Play MP to see the better visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I think its very good anyway. about an hour or so in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

What button is to fire? Is it R1 or R2 and can it be changed? Anyone who bought it care to check for me?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Jet Black wrote: »
    What button is to fire? Is it R1 or R2 and can it be changed? Anyone who bought it care to check for me?

Thanks

Its R1 to fire - doesnt look like it can be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Its R1 to fire - doesnt look like it can be changed.

Ah feck it. I too use to R2 as the trigger. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dunnel009

I was hoping this game would show the true potential that MW2 could have been but
    the campaign mode was terrible, limited movement around the map, to many segments of no gun action watching other people do the killing while your guns are not active, cant climb anything have to get a "buddy boost" for them all, gets very teadious and the graphics are very poor.

the multiplayer is very laggy, maps are designed for everyone to just longrange snipe, and for some odd reason if i pull my trigger twice i automatically swing my knife, very frustrating and the hit markers are even worse than MW2....

and in a 2 hours spell had 2 games drop connection to server, and 4 times when i wanted a break from the campaign and tried to go to the multiplayer the servers were unavailable... all in all it adds up to a terrible experience..

I'm afraid this one goes back to the shop tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

this game is good, not great but good. when people said it was short i didnt realize how short they actually ment. i just finished it there after playing it casually for a few hours. there are a few too many glitches and general roughness for my liking but it didnt take away too much from the game.
    it is fantastic to see frontline in HD. i loved that game when it first came out and it is nice to revisit.
    as for the multiplayer, i have not given it a go yet but i will tomorrow.

in all this game is alright, nothing amazing. it will keep me going until next friday when i give up a good portion of my life to fallout:NV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Anyone else having problems with Frontline add on?
    When i try to install it i get
    "An error occurred during the install operation. (8001002B)

Anyone know what the F**K is going on?

*on a completly off topic note WOOOOO 400th post ^^ *

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭C_Dawg

I take back what I said earlier about it being great. The multiplayer is annoying me now as it's too similar to BFBC2 and its flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

There are too many quality shooters about to take a risk on this IMO, Black Ops is just around the corner and is looking top notch, with more features than MOH, I'm holding out for that.

I hope black ops fails :p mainly because the whole COD thing is getting out of hand.. With Sledgehammer games taking over for MW i can see it defintaly failing.. Black ops will be class though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I don't get the negativity i've broken it down as follows.

Single player
    Better than MW2 SP? Yes
    Better than BFBC2 SP? Oh god yes but thats not hard.

Are the three of them ridiculously short ? Yes

Multiplayer

Is it better than MW2? Yes. But again not hard MW2 was pretty awful.

Is it better than BFBC2 Multiplayer ? It is BFBC2 multiplayer only on smaller maps. I prefer that personally but i would say its the same if anything.

So out of the 4 categories its better in 3 of them, if reviewers are giving battlefield and MW2 scores of over 90% then how did this get 60-80% from a lot of them?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

C_Dawg wrote: »
    I take back what I said earlier about it being great. The multiplayer is annoying me now as it's too similar to BFBC2 and its flaws.

agree this shocking game on MP
    guns and graphics are poor
    when running u are like a camera an screen moves so hard to aim
    its more less same as BFBC2
    comparing this top black ops is like comparing poor guy to a rich guy
    very hard to see the enimies
    trading it in asasp
    cant wait for black ops
    end of

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hmm glad I did'nt get this,think I'll save my money for fallout new vegas on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Hate to be a hater but this is one of the most clearly rushed out games I have ever played. Loads of pics from me playing last night that show bugs, glitches, ugly textures and more. Had to restart 2 separate areas because the NPC team mates weren't doing what they were meant to and the game wouldn't move forward. They are basically moving invisible walls. Strangly I'm still enjoying it, really like the skid into cover move.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

Johner wrote: »
    €39.99 on Gamestop. I'm heading down to Tesco now to see how much it is.

argos are doin it for 43.99, there usually gud for new games in the first few weeks of release they knock a fiver or tenner of the usual price, tesco havent a clue bout pricing, all their games are 60+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Just started this. Is there a way to change the controls that when I press up the camera looks up. ( if u know what I mean?)

When I press up the view looks down. I prefer the opposite way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭patch

Pop into controls and invert the x axis, save.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Was playing some of it this morning.

Personally, I'm enjoying it. The graphics are a bit dogdy (bad textures etc) but the sound effects more than make up for this to me.
    I always hated the sound of the guns in MW2, they sounded shíte. Much better in MoH, really vicious and deep sounding. I think this makes it way more atmospheric.

I agree with RAIN about it being rushed, I've experienced the NPC not moving as well which, coupled with the dodgy textures makes me think they really just wanted to get it out before Black Ops. Hopefully they'll patch it soon.

I'm just starting the Apache bit and have enjoyed it all so far though. Despite it's flaws I just find it more absorbing than MW

Advertisement